24 motorized fader mixer with Arduino

hi folks

welcome s-light. I wonder, how often can you set a new destination point for you fader? are you using PID?
I've been trying usin PID but still can't make it work properly beacuse of PWM outputs and conflictive frequencies. I know I could set up a PID correctly but i'm still trying. I tried also to make a PID with digital outputs instead of PWM outputs, but it was preaty messy.

Right now this is my situation:
Arduino <--> motor fader

• Got the position data coming from the fader
  • Got the DC servo spinning bi-directionally (with L293D H-bridge)
  • Couldn't manage to set PID correctly to make the fader go where I tell him to go with another analog input (potentiometer). Maybe this is because I don't know how to callibrate PID. Anyone understands this?
  • Couldn't manage to read Touch Sensor signal. I can't get the chips that I need for this yet.

Arduino <--> Pro Tools

• Just did investigation, and I think software will be able to read 1024 resolution midi messages with 'fine adjustment' settings. Didn't tried it yet though.

iyahdub, my particular project it's Pro Tools based. So I don't mind if it doesn't works with other DAW's.
are you planning to start some motorfader project soon as well? or just getting in 14- bit midi messages?

!!!