Arduino Due Wifi example not working

I downloaded the new IDE for Arduino Due and was trying to run the scanNetworks example using my wifi shield. I get "fatal error: WiFi.h: fatal error: WiFi.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated." I also tried other examples from other libraries like EEPROM and I get the same error for some .h file that was not included. I added all the Arduino libraries in the IDE and then I get another fatal error:avr/pgmspace.h :fatal error: WiFi.h: No such file or directory compilation terminated.

I thought the IDE 1.5.1r2 would work directly after I unzipped everything. But apparently there are huge issues with the library paths. Does anyone know how I can fix this error? I want to do a wifi/rfid project with the Due but my environment is not set up correctly.

i have an Arduino DUE with arduino 1.5.1 on linux and i have the same error. There is some other trouble with arduino exemples like toneMelody. If i try another card the compilation works fine! Is it a bug of the arduino IDE or is it just not working with the Due?
any ideas?

thanks a lot for your help.

Wifi and Tone are not yet ported for the Due. Wifi Library is the next in my todo list for the coming week.

Sorry guys there are a lot of libraries out there... :frowning:

cmaglie:
Wifi and Tone are not yet ported for the Due. Wifi Library is the next in my todo list for the coming week.

Sorry guys there are a lot of libraries out there... :frowning:

Sounds like cmaglie is the poor guy how is sitting chained in the basement how was told he can get out, but only if all work has been done.

Are you doing this alone cmaglie?

even if it seems that I'm doing all alone there are collaborators that help me doing this job, sometimes my contribution is just "commit" on git, and it could seem that I'm all alone.

Of course, there are cases when I do the real job, but really, I can go outside, run on the fields... and It's a nice basement in the end :wink:

Just cloned and build the 1.5.x branch and the wifi code works!
Note, spi_drv.cpp can't seem to find SPI.h, so i had to include that header in the sketch.

Thanks a bunch, cmaglie!

How exactly do we get the code from the repository and build the library until it's released somewhere officially?

You can copy the library directly from github, or use the zip here in attachment.

you must unzip it inside the folder:

/YOUR/ARDUINO/FOLDER/hardware/arduno/sam/libraries/

WiFi-Due-21_01_2012.zip (42.3 KB)