Go Down

Topic: Reading RF codes with receiver (Read 348 times) previous topic - next topic

Aeien

Hello all,

I'm trying to build a system to control my RF power sockets (flamingo SF-501) through my arduino and acquired a cheap 433mhz sender/receiver combo from seeed studio.

Through all forumposts and guides I decided the first step would be to decode the signal transmitted by the remote.
I tried using the RCSwitch library and the ReceiveDemo_advanced sketch, connecting the data-pin of the receiver to pin 2 on my Uno.

using the code below, I get no input at all when activating the remote near the receiver.
The remote is also 433.92mhz and is transmitting (the lights go on/off) .

The receiver is brand new and should be working, but I don't have any confirmation on this, as I don't receive any signal.

Can you give me any advice on how to proceed? I'm at a loss because there are so many variables involved.

Thank you very much for any advice!

Code: [Select]
#include <RCSwitch.h>

RCSwitch mySwitch = RCSwitch();

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(9600);

mySwitch.enableReceive(0);  // Receiver on interrupt 0 => that is pin #2
}

void loop() {
  if (mySwitch.available()) {
    output(mySwitch.getReceivedValue(), mySwitch.getReceivedBitlength(), mySwitch.getReceivedDelay(), mySwitch.getReceivedRawdata(),mySwitch.getReceivedProtocol());
    mySwitch.resetAvailable();
  }
}

franks95

I am having this same issue with the same remote outlet brand and type. I can confirm my 433MHZ transmitter and receiver are working. But still when transmitting a signal using the outlet remote no logs are written in the serial monitor.

Aeien

Jun 20, 2017, 09:56 pm Last Edit: Jun 20, 2017, 10:13 pm by Aeien
Franks95,

Use this library; click on the download link at the bottom:

https://bitbucket.org/fuzzillogic/433mhzforarduino/wiki/Home
Use the "NewRemoteSwitch" part.

Works like a charm for said power sockets.

Am using this library in an all-in-one binary clock + infrared remote for TV/amplifier + RF remote for power sockets,       all controlled through a home-made bluetooth app on my android phone. Works really well :)

Let me know if you need help!

Go Up