Go Down

Topic: How to play recorded audio by causing a movement ..... (Read 392 times) previous topic - next topic

kim0213

I'm an artist.
I want to make a system for playing recorded audio when I cause a movement.
I want to put the system inside my sculpture (like a roly poly toy)
and when it moves side to side, the audio starts playing.
Is it possible to make this kind of system with arduino ?
Or, is there any alternative for this system ?

Grumpy_Mike

Jun 17, 2017, 05:48 pm Last Edit: Jun 17, 2017, 05:48 pm by Grumpy_Mike
Yes. ( I am an Engineer )

Southpark

And..... if you want extra fancy features.... consider this one too - this device "LSM6DS33"

Aswinth

Yes, It is very much possible to do this using Arduino. You can play any pre-recorded song or music using your Arduino, since it has a lot of pre-built libraries. Simply connect a speaker to the Arduino (use an amplifier if you need it to be loud) and convert your audio file into a WAV format file and save it in your SD card. Then you have simply interface the SD card with your Arduino and write (or use) few lines of code to detect a movement using tilt or any other sensor and play the music.

You could find a very similar project here: https://circuitdigest.com/microcontroller-projects/arduino-audio-music-player

Or, is there any alternative for this system ?

Ofcourse, there are alternatives. But if you are looking to play a music not just tones then sticking to Arduino is the best idea. 

INTP

Get a greeting card sound player, costs a little over a dollar on ebay. Replace play button with a ball switch. Done.

Go Up