Workshopping £1.40 Arduino-Compatible (£3.05 including USB!)

I've updated the design to accommodate for...

• The fact I can now get 16MHz Crystal and two 22pF Capacitors cheaper than a Ceramic resonator from Tayda Electronics
  • A perceived need for both rapid response and high capacity decoupling leading to 3 decoupling capacitors - from discussion with others, but could be overkill, so any other ideas are useful

The main benefit of this "Shrimp" design is the ease of transfer for those workshopping with 'Arduino compatibles' taking projects from breadboard-with-jumpers, through breadboard-with-length-cut-wires-and-components, to neat stripboard, meaning you can go from tabletop prototyping into something more robust without changing the circuit at all. This is something I hope will help delegates to the workshops.

I'm passing on the parts for these kits (including USB connectivity) for £5 now, which also covers my postage and handling costs. If you were to source these yourself, buying in the largest bulk volumes available, and barring postage costs (which tend to zero when you buy a million), you could make up Arduino-compatible component kits (including USB connectivity) for around £3.50

Get in touch if you're interested in sourcing these component kits for community workshops and I'll look into setting up something via eBay.

Now I need plenty of ideas for 'extension' kits which will be sets of components and code which permit the shrimp to be made into different things, like a "Milton Bradley" Simon game, a toilet-seat-not-down alarm, a Stylophone, and so on. Ideally only a couple of quid for parts for each extension kit. Really keen to see if this can help with the UK's transformation of it's ICT curriculum away from Microsoft and towards actual Programming.

Welcome your feedback.