4Duino -- aka Yet Another 4D Systems uOLED Display Driver Library

just a note, while I was looking over my example code -- a 1kOhm resistor on the OLED's RX pin is recommended, though I'm not certain that it's absolutely necessary. All designs I've seen for the display use it, though. I've added this to my example sketches just to be clear.

If a serial data line (RX) floats it will cause the Uart to become active and signal the processor with an interrupt, Every time it floats high or picks up noise... Even local high power AM especially but really any high power or closer lower powered sources of signals... like turning on motors or... Pull it down.. Just in case.

Doc

Just got our first shipment of 4.3" PICASO uLCDs!

Been reading the datasheet on these, there's some neat capabilities! the ability to access SD cards on a filesystem level is particularly nice. You can bet I'll be including that in my lib!

Edit: Doc: 555 posts! nice!

I try... 559... now and thank you. This community has given me a lot both in terms of education and in terms of helping people, the positive feedback I get is wonderful and makes up for how hard it is for me to type... I only can use the first three fingers on my left hand... Doesn't seem to slow me down much though...

I await your pleasure on the SGC library for my 3.2 $D Systems display. I bought it just because of it's capabilities, I have a bunch of displays but none like the 3.2. It can easily be a stand alone terminal and I suspect it might have more "horsepower" that the Uno. 16 I/O ports some I think analog too, 8 bit bus with separate lines for control, built in speaker... capable of being a stand alone controller... WOW. Worth the $74.00 or so I spent for it. IMO

Doc

I still have to give the PICASO SGC document a good look-over. I'm curious as to whether those IO pins can be worked with via the SGC interface.

The GOLDELOX displays just have a single pair of pins that can detect up to five different buttons based on resistance, so this will be quite an upgrade if it's flexible about it.

Yes those pins can be ussed for data gathering as well as output's 3 and and 8 bit bus or 16 serial/parallel asynch. data exchanges are possible.

Doc

Just briefly looked over the command reference, noticed the commands for working with the GPIO pins. This should be pretty fun.

Does your display have the latest PmmC loaded? I've encountered some trouble detecting resolution on the PmmC version my screens came with, and had to update the PmmC version for the Device Resolution command to work. As a result, I may not be able to fully support devices without the latest PmmC version.

Development is moving along; the library should work with the larger displays now, but the PICASO-specific functionality isn't implemented yet.

Assuming your displays are fully updated, the library should be able to automatically determine whether your device uses a GOLDELOX or PICASO controller. I'll have to do some further testing on non-updated devices to see if I can have it degrade gracefully. In particular, non-updated devices don't appear to be capable of reporting their display resolution. Whether this will be a serious issue or not remains to be seen.

My display is New... someone, one of my guest's either misplaced it or tossed mine after searching my room 3 times I had to accept that it disappeared so I bought a New one. I should hope it it up to date... What does it take to update the driver... Do I have to buy more parts or can I do it with anything else? It seems to me that I read a description of changing a GFX to an SGC module and do you yet have enough code to make basic use of the touch and basic graphic commands???, I asked 4D and they referred me to Ave33's code which will not compile unless one is using the .023 IDE... I have enough trouble learning the language, let alone across 2 different 'dialects'...
I don't know about speed but there is sure a lot of I/O I2C, SPI, "plain" serial and parallel as well in that display. Almost like an UNO with a TFT LCD married to it...
Added Link http://tronixstuff.wordpress.com/2011/02/18/tutorial-arduino-and-tft-lcd/ 1.44" oled? As I remember...

Doc

Docedison:
Does it have any functionality with the Picasso? at all... I own a 3.2 SGC Picasso

Doc

Please consider the Serial_LCD library suite which handles the ?LCD, ?OLED and ?VGA screens from 4D Systems, through a single serial interface, either hardware, software or I²C.

Thank you Sir, Very Much.

Doc

You're welcome :slight_smile:

Planetarian,

Did you get the capacitive touch displays? I know on my 2.4" display you can use your finger sort of but really need a stylus or some other method becasue of the resistive touch technology. I really like that they have the capacitive touch option for the new 4.3 but I just can't justify the expense. They also have some neat built in functions like keyboards but I think you have to use it in GFX mode to utilize those which is a shame. I seem to remember a post on their site that says they are working on the keyboard functionality to work with SGC but that might just be wishful thinking on my part.

Sacman:
Did you get the capacitive touch displays?

Yes, I've tested it and it performs wonders. No more need to press hard or to use a stylus.

Additional benefit is the screen can be protected under a protective hard cover and touch still works.

Hey there.. I am using this library and loving it! After trying a couple of the other ones out there this one shines!

I am, however having a small problem.. My code at this pointis very simple. I literally just init the display then draw a couple lines. The lines are barely visible, it looks like the screens brightness is all the way off. I set the contrast to 15 and I can see the line a little.
I guess the question is, how do you turn up the brightness? I dont see anything in any of the files that talks about the brightness at all.

thanks again! great library!

So I got it figured out.. total user error. I was only feeding the color command a value of 30, bumped it to 255 and its bright now..
I need more sleep hahaha

Just wondering if there's any documentation on how to get an image to display from the SD card on a uOLED 160...

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Have a look at http://www.4dsystems.com.au/prod.php?id=50 :slight_smile: