Arduino GSM Shield (Antenova) with GPS

Hi there,

I am attempting a device that consists of :

ARDUINO UNO
ARDUINO GSM
EM408 GPS Shield + GPS

The purpose.

To send location data after is activated every 10 minutes over GSM as SMS messages with lat/long data from the GPS

The problem.

Conflict between the digital pin given the SoftwareSerial.cpp and GSM3SoftSerial.cpp

What i've tried.

I have tried to make the GPS work on pins 0 and 1.

I have modified the libraries to work on GSM (pins 2 and 3) and on GPS (pins 0 and 1) by commenting the PCINT'X'_vect within the cpp s.

Now, since there is no clear thing on how to make the GSM on other pins I said that the only way would be to make the GPS do that.

But after i comment PCINT2_vect in <Software Serial< or the <GSM3SoftSeriale the one that doesn have it available stops working). On the other hand if I let them not commented in both places I get the well known errors of conflict.

Now. What I would see as next attempts and questions for you guys :

1. Is there a clear way around this yet ? (had to try :stuck_out_tongue: ...)

2.. Is there a way to split the time pin 2/3 is used between the devices (libraries) ? (that is way over my head at this point but i try it if t is the way)

1. Since I dont need to send the data super fast as i get it, can't I get the GPS data and after delete/reset everything and send data via SMS. Any thoughts on this matter, cause it's a software issue not a hardware one, because I CAN do that hardware with a couple of relays but that problems are the checks done at compile regarding the libraries.

Thank you for any help... Im running out of options here.... :frowning:

Any help appreciated.

All the best,
Alex