Arduino Science Fair

Hey Arduino Fans!

I want to do a science fair with my Arduino UNO. I haven't touched my UNO or my BS2 in like a year, but all of my components are in storage in another country. I have no access to them. I have quite a bit of experience with electronics, but not so much with programming. The project has to be something that can follow the scientific method. It has to have a purpose (benefit the world in some way), and has to have originality. If anyone would like to share ANY ideas, then that would be great.

Thanks!

-nrsmac :slight_smile:

but all of my components are in storage in another country. I have no access to them.

I need this by tomorrow!

That sounds like you have nothing to work with, but you want it by tomorrow..?

Are you old enough to drink yet? LOL, just kidding. How old are you?
What do you have to work with?

No, I just need the idea by tomorrow. I'm 13 and I have a RadioShack down the road.

Thanks!

Are you old enough to drink yet? LOL, just kidding. How old are you?

That's great! I'm bumping your karma just for that! :slight_smile:

It has to have a purpose (benefit the world in some way)

Something that prevents people post "I need an answer tomorrow" questions on online forums?

and has to have originality

Wow, that's getting harder to come by every day.
Some major areas of the top of my head.

Save energy.
Help vegetation survive and grow.
Help animals survive and grow.

I thought of three, now you think of three.

create the smartest doorbell possible, one that recognizes the length of the press, how hard it was pressed, temperature of the finger, the pattern, movements while pressed, whatever is measurable to identify the person....

Can you enter a secret code with a simple doorbell to open the door?
What else can be controlled by a doorbell? garage, lighting, garden sprinkler ...

robtillaart:

create the smartest doorbell possible, one that recognizes the length of the press, how hard it was pressed, temperature of the finger, the pattern, movements while pressed, whatever is measurable to identify the person....

Can you enter a secret code with a simple doorbell to open the door?
What else can be controlled by a doorbell? garage, lighting, garden sprinkler ...

Looll!! Sprinkler controlled by a doorbell, that would be funny! haha, but seriously bro, very fun ideas!

Set your sprinklers to spray people who ring doorbell more than once in 15 secs LOL