Go Down

Topic: Northwest Washington state. (Between Seattle & Canada) (Read 35996 times) previous topic - next topic

jimLee

Welcome!

I've been in "bitland" all weekend. Sounds like both of you guys are down by Seattle. W9SPY, you're the latest arrival, lets hear what you have planned. And if you need help, I'd be happy to have a shot at helping you. I come from the code side of things so I'm shaky in the electronics department.

I'd love to have a maker weekend but it seems unfair to drag both of you all the way up here.

I've been working on running different screens on my Arduino. Then I switched to a Teensy for more memory. The Teensy is tiny but programs the same as the UNO. And instead of 2k RAM it has 64K. The code space is way bigger as well. And, instead of a 16mgz clock mine's running at 72Mhz.

My old Adafruit capacitive touch shield. That's the Teensy in the back there.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club
1012 9Th Street, Anacortes, WA 98221 (Around the back of building)
Contact jimLee or Naneen for more info

Naneen

Hi I live in Federal Way and would like to get involved. Anacortes is about a 2 hour drive from me. My wife passed away in Oct. and I lost all interest in doing anything. Maybe getting around some people with like interest is what I need. If you ever have a get together please let me know. I am  retired and can come up any time.

jimLee

@Naneen, sorry about the wife. That's gotta' be really rough.

Finally got the calculator into a case and buttoned up.

Video of calculator running

That was a heck of a lot of work! How did people do this before 3D CAD and 3D printers to check the fit of everything?

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

Rulers T-Square drafting tables. And lots of math works. Of course back them every one knew how to use a slide ruler.

jimLee

Ok, there HAS to be more PNW people out here..

Made a vacuum gauge that also measures leak-down. Its for chasing down leaks when vacuum bagging stuff.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

jimLee

Maybe have a meeting with the ones that are interested. This topic is not read that much. Need to get more coverage, like adding meeting time and dates  to our tag line or there maybe more ways. But I think we need to meet with the others to see what they want.

How about a Saturday or Sunday in March for starters?

jimLee

Sure, would people like to meet in Anacortes? I have a Shop right in the middle of town we could meet in.

1012 9th street Ancortes 98221. The shop is around the back of the building.

Heck, we could even meet in February.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

Anacortes is not that far, pick a day and I'll be there. Also let the others who have replied to this post know.
The first thing is setting a confirmed date. February is fine with me. See you soon.

jimLee

Ok,

I checked my calendar here.

Saturday, Feb 18. I'll open the shop at noon.
1012 9Th Street
Anacortes, WA 98221
Around the back of the building.

Plenty of parking.

We'll see how it works out.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

jimLee

Not yet. But I don't mind holding the shop[ open. I have a few projects I can work on to keep me busy if no one shows. And its a neat area to hang out (in my opinon.)

You have a project you'd like help doing the software on?

I should do some cleanup too, if I'm havin' guests over.

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Naneen

jimLee

check in the topic Events and tours . Just below this topic.

"Seattle area Arduino meet."

Does this sound OK to you?

If not I can delete it.

jimLee

PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

jimLee

Ok, maybe you should delete it. its finely crafted, but its in the Italian forum. That's gonna' be a long flight for them!

-jim lee
PNW Ardiuno & Maker club

Go Up