Room control

rockwallaby:

niner wrote:
What I want to achieve ....

Unfortunately, I am confused with the total lack of your clarity in describing what you want to achieve.

niner also wrote:
I can't connect it with ethernet as it would look ugly and wife shield is not economical (?)

You can't connect or you prefer not to connect?
Yes, a 'wife shield' is not so economical, but a wife, well, she is very useful and beautiful too, especially compared to the 'ugly' ethernet!
I am guessing English is not your preferred language?

If you are going to be playing around with AC as you mentioned, and if that is mains voltage AC, then you better get very clear about what you are wanting to achieve and how you will do this. Understand the risks involved with mains voltage or do not even attempt this if you have no skills or understanding.

Paul

I meant wifi, friggin' auto correct.
Sorry for not being clear enough.
Question 1 : I want the arduino to do the task of switching the lights and fans on and off (like a normal switch) according to the input it receives from the bluetooth module. Can I do this with the help of a simple 5V relay?
Question 2 : How can I use AC to give the arduino high/low input? When main switch is on high, when off low? Like the sensors we use with DC?
Thanks