Ethernet Shield v1.1 and DHT11 humidity conflicts?

I have got an early Ethernet Shield v1.1 working today but as soon as I added a DHT11 Humidity Sensor I noticed some conflicts where the humidity sensor could not be read.

The Ethernet library here http://www.nuelectronics.com/estore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=4 is what I am using.

I ran a simple sketch to read the DHT Sensor called DHTtester without the Ethernet library (Ethernet shield connected still) and it runs 100% with no errors or failures to read.

My DHT sensor is connected to Digital input PIN2 on the Arduino Duemilanove which I "assume" the Ethernet does not use?

My loop() reads the Humidity sensor and then checks Ethernet so both are not occurring at the same time.

I am actually only reading the humidity sensor once every 10 seconds.

Any help appreciated.

Chris

iisfaq:
My DHT sensor is connected to Digital input PIN2 on the Arduino Duemilanove which I "assume" the Ethernet does not use?

Wrong assumption. The Ethernet Shield 1.0 uses D2 for Interrupt. Try D3 through D9.

johnwasser:
Wrong assumption. The Ethernet Shield 1.0 uses D2 for Interrupt. Try D3 through D9.

Great news - I will try when I get home - I will be very happy then

cheers

Chris

Yes looks like it is all happy now - thanks for helping me

Chris

In regard to Michael Margolis's book (Arduino Cookbook), there are a couple of programs on page 500 (give or take) of the book. Does anyone know if these time type sketches will be forward compatible with ipv6 whenever it gets fully implemented? I'm not sure that there will be a huge snag issue surrounding the upgrade, but I'm not sure that there will NOT be one either???

In regard to Michael Margolis's book (Arduino Cookbook), there are a couple of programs on page 500 (give or take) of the book. Does anyone know if these time type sketches will be forward compatible with ipv6 whenever it gets fully implemented? I'm not sure that there will be a huge snag issue surrounding the upgrade, but I'm not sure that there will NOT be one either???

What does this have to do with the thread you are hijacking?