Arduino User Map

Just a quick note to all about the Arduino User Map (http://www.tinyurl.com/arduinousermap).

If you haven't already added yourself (or local hackspaces/meetups/electronics stores etc) then please feel free to do so.

If you have already added yourself then great! Updates are welcomed for info and you never know, you might find a new user has added themselves somewhere near you.

If you go on and find that your previously added icon has gone then that may be due to the fact that either someone else moved it into the sea or you accidentally put it in the sea and your little man has drowned (ok I deleted them as nobody lives in the sea).

Thanks all!

Mowcius

ok
I managed to plonk a marker onto the map
how do I get to change it from a boring blue blob?

When in the text editing view for your placemark, click on the 'boring blue blob' (top right) and then you can change it to the corresponding icon (a light blue man I presume).

:frowning:

no text edit (disabled)
no blue blob to click

:frowning:

(yes I did log in again!)

aha!
click the edit button first!!

Looks like you managed to change it - please add some text in the box too :slight_smile:

'tis done

thanks for your help

I added myself (and my local Fry's Electronics and Apache Reclamation)...

Added myself, i'm a green inverted teardrop with a dot, at the bottom of the list

You're now a man, in alphabetical order :smiley:

Well, I don't see any controls for adding a placemark. I guess I can live with that.

Couple things missing: Sparkfun in Boulder, and JB Saunders Co, also in Boulder

You have to add it to your maps (so be logged into a google account) then you can add placemarks.

There are plenty of places missing but it's a group effort - feel free to add places...

Excellent just added US!

So, hi, I just added myself.

I haven't used any Arduinos yet, but I plan on purchasing in the very near future to start learning!

You did?

I didn't see it when I just cleaned up some spam markers.

I could have sworn I did.

I even did it 3 times because I wasn't sure I did it right the first 2 times :slight_smile:

I deleted the subsequent 2 times, though, and left just one of me.

I added my name alphabetically to the list because that's how it looked like it was arranged. I hope that was ok.

I added my name alphabetically to the list because that's how it looked like it was arranged. I hope that was ok.

Ahh great - that'll be why I didn't see it - most people don't do that so they just appear at the end.

Have you considered adding some step by step instructions somewhere?

Don

Yeah, directions would be good. I can't find a way to add myself.

I added myself several times, but it didn't stick. Oh well, at least I can get an LCD to work....

Don

floresta:
I added myself several times, but it didn't stick. Oh well, at least I can get an LCD to work....

Don

I also didn't 'stick' when that was first put up. It's got a terrible user interface, so I gave up.

Lefty