[RANT] Why I am still considering iPads after having used one for 2 years.

focalist:
I have one of the samsung galaxy tablets.. And two friends have ipads.

All I can say is that after using both, the samsung android device is my preference. I honestly only use the desktop PC for applications which simply don't run on a tablet these days.. All the web and things like that are via tablet.. like right now.

Considering the price points of an apple tablet, a tablet PC with Win8, or an Android tablet (I have rooted mine and may convert to linux)...if I were buying, I would go Android. Personal preference only of course.

I just got a galaxy s iii phone. It's good. I think android definitely has the low-end tablet users by the balls. ipads have its huge momentum that can only be stopped by others coming up with better stuff at lower price for a number of years. iOS has got itself into a corner already. It started as late Jobs' pet project ipod so it will never become that tablet you work and entertain with. Windows tablet had that opportunity with its vast software selection but MS blew it on win 7 tablet (I literally hated win 7 tablets after playing with a few in MS store for 10 minutes). It could have blamed that failure on the shortsightedness of its win 7 developers but it did it again with win 8, only worse by trying to make an OS for both touch and non-touch. I might consider win 8 tablet when it's cheap as android tablet. Why should they be expensive anyway?!