Go Down

Topic: Arduino on a full-size AUTEC AES-45CS Soft Cloth Car Wash (Yikes) (Read 141 times) previous topic - next topic

thomasjayrusk

Jun 27, 2017, 05:33 am Last Edit: Jun 27, 2017, 06:15 pm by thomasjayrusk Reason: Hopefully these pictures will get a response and give some more context.
Hello everyone! Had to make a new account for the forum as I lost my old password and email for my profile (tjrusk12). I have an enormous project ahead of me that has somewhat reached beyond my knowledge of programming. I recently purchased an old AUTEC Soft Cloth car wash (pictured below) which features a main control panel that houses transformers, circuit breakers, relays and terminals. Most importantly, it houses the GE Fanuc Series 90-30 PLC (with various modules like CPU 331, 3 input modules, and 4 output modules) that runs all wash functions. This PLC is defective now and no longer runs, which makes it expensive to repair and replace. I have very limited knowledge on working with such a PLC and programming it despite searching online for hours.

SO, my dilemma arises. I want to have the ability to 1) run the wash on its own just as it would with the PLC brand new and 2) program the wash to run in a custom cycle that I desire. My question is: Can the Arduino boards (specifically the UNO) if configured correctly and even paired with other Arduino boards and relays be used to program all wash functions and run this beast like I want it?

Thanks for any help you all might have. If anyone has any knowledge on this PLC series and programming/repairing please let me know!

(My main goal is to try as hard as I possibly can to get the PLC installed on the control panel currently to run correctly and to program it myself for a custom wash cycle. The Arduino setup would be a somewhat "last-resort" option.)

(One picture is a schematic of the main control panel that houses the GE Fanuc controller and the other is a picture of the actual machine.)

Go Up