ArduinoCommander - android application to manage arduino board

Hi, I have the issue that is talked about in the tutorial, the PWR LED lights up but the board stays grey. =( I have a seeedstudio BT Shield and from what I see the Baud rate for that shield is 38400. I don't know how to use AT+ commands so I tried following the steps on "Paul's Blog" mentioned on the tutorial. (Found here: http://www.lostntranslation.com/arduino-electronics-fun/arduinocommander-and-the-aurdinobt/comment-page-1/#comment-22 I have downloaded the old version of Arduino (0017) and have tried to upload the standardfirmata code with the correct baud rate. When I verify (or compile doesn't matter) I get this message at the bottom of the screen:

java.io.IOException: Target platform: "null" not found.
Make sure that "build.target" in the 
preferences file points to a subdirectory of 
C:\Users\Ryan\Downloads\arduino-0017\arduino-0017\hardware\cores
	at processing.app.debug.Target.<init>(Target.java:49)
	at processing.app.Editor$43.run(Editor.java:1751)
	at java.awt.event.InvocationEvent.dispatch(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpOneEventForFilters(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForFilter(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEventsForHierarchy(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.pumpEvents(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.EventDispatchThread.run(Unknown Source)

I don't know what it means and don't know what to do to fix it. Can you please help?

Hi 4ntoine,
You make a great job !!!!!!
Is it possible to have the source of the android app, or just the firmata ethernet implementation.
I can't see the update in GitHub - 4ntoine/Firmata: Firmata pure Java implementation

Thanks

oh i see : StreamingSerialAdapter

Thanks again :wink:

wow this seems like a dream app!
I'm trying to use it with a Yarvik 224 tablet 8), running Android 4.0.3
it's not rooted, but I'm pretty sure that the usb host feature works fine (I can read usb flash drives, connect to mouse/keyboard etc)
I'm uploaded the modified Firmata which I got from your website (StandardFirmata9600.zip) to my Arduino Uno through IDE version 1.0.1, selected 9600 for baud rate from the menu of the application, however my Uno doesn't appear in the Usb devices tab. I'm using the apk I found here Redirecting to Google Groups, by the way.

Maybe it's an old version? I can't make Google Play work on my tablet, so I can't install the ArduinoCommander app from the official site. Is there a direct link for the last version of the apk? And is there something I could do further to see why my connection fails (eg look as some log files etc).

anyway, it's a great app I hope its development continues
cheers

Hello. ArduinoCommander will not work without Google Play installed and it can be installed from Google Play only.

Also i'd like to announce Arduino Uno r3 support in ArduinoCommander 3.2 - you asked for it :slight_smile:
PS. Please review your app rating on Google Play (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=name.antonsmirnov.android.arduinocommander) if you were not satisfied with no Uno r3 support, now it's done!

I've installed Google Play and installed the app through it. However, still no luck. Are there any log files that I could see to find out what's going wrong on my device?

Usually, wrong baud rate is the reason. Make sure you've set the same bad rate in app settings as you use in arduino sketch. Write me on email if it does not help.

Hi, all.

I'm happy to announce that starting v3.4 ArduinoCommander supports Arduino Mega board.
I was unable to test it carefully as i don't have Mega board so please report me if you have any problems.

Hello again!

Starting ArduinoCommander 3.6 you can generate PWM output using JavaScript script:

Now you can use all JavaScript power in order to get PWM output you wish, for example:

function generate() {
  return 127 + 127 * Math.sin(
    new Date().getTime() / 5000 * 2 * Math.PI);
}

Find more information on feature page:
http://anettosoftware.co.uk/ac-pwm.php

How do you think, is it cool? :slight_smile:

Okay, it seems that this topic looks like ArduinoCommander blog :slight_smile:
So, please welcome to ArduinoCommander blog:
http://arduinocommander.blogspot.com

Starting this moment you can find news and features descriptions there.
Thank you.

PS. You can also vote for new features there.

I am trying to connect using USB OTG cable converter on Samsung Galaxy S3.
My UNO is discovered in USB devices as /dev/bus/usb/002/003
I also have the Standard Firmata sketch installed
I tried every baud rate but it won’t connect.

Any ideas anyone?

If have an android phone spare so I thought I might use it for my weather station.

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,8874.0.html

Much better than old 7 segment displays.

ArduinoCommander is a great application, I went through all the information and was really
impressed with the displays available.

Unfortunately my phone uses version 2.1 and ArduinoCommander sets version 2.2 as the minimun.
So its not available on the google Market for me and anyone else with 2.1 or lower.

I sent them an email to ask if it was possible to change to 2.1
It maybe there are some API's they need from 2.2 and its not possible.

Anyone else with the same problem?

I am Brazilian and not write english very well, but does anyone know how I can communicate to the arduino uno with a tablet Sansung through arduinocommander (android)?
I can only transmit data from arduino to the tablet, but can not issue commands arduinocommander to the plate.

Any ideas anyone?

I have the same problem, I connect it to my tablet and my arduino turns on but it wont show up on the USB devices tab.
How can I fix that?

pedroply:

Any ideas anyone?

I have the same problem, I connect it to my tablet and my arduino turns on but it wont show up on the USB devices tab.
How can I fix that?

Hi, it's difficult to say actually. The most popular (and obvious reason) is that people just forget to upload StandardFirmata sketch or set the same baud rate in app settings that is set in sketch. Try it.

Please welcome another app from the ArduinoCommander author - ArduinoDroid.
It's Arduino IDE for Android. Read about it in blog:
http://arduinodroid.blogspot.com

Hey guys, great program, quick question though. I am planning on using a phone that is not a USB host to run the program to control the arduino. Does it work to buy a USB host shield for the arduino and connect it that way?

I'd like to share a tip that may help people having problems making the app work with their tablets. The short story is that having a USB OTG port is not enough by itself, certain configuration files should be in place as explained here:
http://tabletrepublic.com/forum/novo-7-paladin/usb-host-ip-not-supported-1136-2.html

You can create them manually, but the easier solution is to use this great app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=eu.chainfire.usbhostdiagnostics&hl=en&rdid=eu.chainfire.usbhostdiagnostics. After doing this step the ArduinoCommander app now works fine with me :slight_smile:

hey straddlethemoon ,
You can install the app on any android tab without using Google play store.
You have to download the app first from any tab with Google play store and you need APK extractor application
then after the program is installed you can take the .apk file to your tab, install the application and enjoy :wink:

AbdulRahman.