attiny45/85 and timedaction

I have a project I did for class last year using the pro mini. I would like to shrink it down in size, and since I only need a few pins was considering the attiny45. Problem is of all the research I've done, it doesn't seem to work with the Timedaction library. Is this true?
Also, since it's battery powered I'll need low power consumption. I need to monitor a sensor, and when sensor goes hi to perform a desired action. I also need to perform another action every 1-2 hours, using the Timedaction. Which low power mod would be best suited for this?

hoot:
Problem is of all the research I've done, it doesn't seem to work with the Timedaction library. Is this true?

Don't know. You did not include the error message(s) you get when trying to use it.

...using the Timedaction. Which low power mod would be best suited for this?

Idle. The other modes shut off the timer used for millis.

I haven't purchased the chips yet since I'm unsure if timedaction library will work. Maybe I'll get 1 or 2 to see if it will actually work?

Thanx. I will try that.

hoot:
I haven't purchased the chips yet since I'm unsure if timedaction library will work. Maybe I'll get 1 or 2 to see if it will actually work?

You could try to compile a simple example now. Everything you need to run that test is readily available.

O? I wrote it for Uno and pro mini, so all I'll have to do is change pins and try compiling for Attiny?
That's good to know! LOL.

Ok. I changed the pins and set board to attiny45 w/ 8Mhz internal clock and the sketch compiled with no errors. So can I assume that after uploading to chip that everything will be just peachy and run the same as it did on the Uno or pro mini?

Thanx for everything CodingBadly!

Now would be a good time to purchase the hardware (the processors).

I suggest getting t85 processors instead. In addition to double Flash and SRAM they are occasionally cheaper than t45 processors.

Oh, and given the fact that you plan to use the internal oscillator and hope to build a low power device I suggest getting t85**V** processors.

I got a couple 85's from a former classmate I met up with on Fri. and uploaded the sketch. Wired up my circuit on a breadboard and ran it with the 85. It worked! So I soldered up a proto board and it's been running since yesterday evening.
Is the only difference between 85 and 85v max clock speed and min power required? I'm assuming 85v with slower clock and lower required voltage uses less power?
Thanx a bunch CodingBadly.

hoot:
So I soldered up a proto board and it's been running since yesterday evening.

Excellent.

Is the only difference between 85 and 85v max clock speed and min power required?

Maximum clock speed and minimum voltage. The processor uses about the same current regardless of the voltage (within specifications) so running it at a lower voltage will use less power.

I'm assuming 85v with slower clock and lower required voltage uses less power?

The slower clock is debatable. In general, you will get much more power savings by sleeping the processor rather than by slowing the clock. Even idle sleep mode at the end of loop can make a huge difference.

And, yes, running the processor at a lower voltage will use less power.

Oh, and under identical conditions (e.g. 3.3V; 8 MHz), the two processors are essentially identical.