Which ATmega328 (blank) from DigiKey?

I've tried to research the difference between the ATmega328P-PN and the ATmega328P-PU. I've read through the datasheet and done a bunch of searching. I think there is some difference regarding operating temperature range and possibly power consumption.

Now that I can burn my own boot-loaders I wanted to buy some blank ATmega328 chips from Digikey, but have held back because I read something about the "fuse" settings being different between different versions. I'm wanting to burn the Uno or Duemilanove boot-loaders on the chips, it doesn't matter which.

If I could be confident about the correct DigiKey part to order I'd get 25 of them and take advantage of the quantity discount. Thanks for any help in ordering the correct chip.

Jake

I think the N version has a higher operating temperature.

If you get the 328p-pu (your second link) you'll have the same chip that's in the Uno and Duemilanove, so you should be able to burn their bootloaders to blank chips with no fuse changes.

Gold luck!

Thanks for the clarification!

FWIW,

The chip's that I ordered from sparkfun are 328P-PU with a #1107 on them. They work fine with no fuss but I have to chose one of the older boards in the menu. The chip that came in my UNO has a # 1123 on it.

Thanks Hoff, that helps.

Datasheet dated Rev. 8271D–AVR–05/11 for:
ATmega48A
ATmega48PA
ATmega88A
ATmega88PA
ATmega168A
ATmega168PA
ATmega328
ATmega328P

Section 33.8 ATmega328P:
ATmega328P-PU Industrial (-40°C to 85°C)

ATmega328P-PN Industrial (-40°C to 105°C)

hoff70:
FWIW,

The chip's that I ordered from sparkfun are 328P-PU with a #1107 on them. They work fine with no fuss but I have to chose one of the older boards in the menu. The chip that came in my UNO has a # 1123 on it.

Those extra numbers are manufacture dates in the form 7th (or 23rd) week of 2011 - this is a common stardard on most components.