Ethernet Control

ADDN:

Arduino: 1.6.1 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Why are you using such an outdated version of the Arduino IDE? I think if you update to a modern IDE version the problem will be resolved (works for me).

ADDN:
**Im not sure if it is wrong of me to bring someone else project into the forum without trying to contact them for assistance first, i am pressed for time and figured I could be led in the right direction faster this way

I think it's fine. I doubt the author would mind the community helping with support. Any forum members who don't feel like helping don't need to and the rest of us are happy to help out.

ADDN:
Upon further looking into this, the project uses Ethernet Shield V2, but im using V1.

No. You'll get the same compilation error no matter what is plugged into your Arduino or even if the Arduino isn't plugged into your computer.

Juraj:
there is no original Arduino shield marked V2 or V1

The correct name is Arduino Ethernet Shield 2 (as written on the silkscreen) but you can still find it called "Ethernet Shield V2" on the Products page and maybe elsewhere. Arduino originally referred to it as V2 in all of the documentation but I asked them to correct that since it caused confusion with the Seeed Studio Ethernet Shield V2.0 (which uses the W5200).