Let's do a rally of meaningless complaints

Like I said in the title, just meaningless complaints. If you're reading, let's see what complain you have got ...

I have purchased plenty of IKEA furniture in the past so I know what quality I'm buying. Most of the IKEA furniture I bought 7 years ago are still standing. On the other hand, my recent purchases have been disappointing. They used to use a metal thing that tightens screws, the top 2 rows on the picture here:

http://sell.lulusoso.com/selling-leads/1225363/3IN1-furniture-panet-connector-joint-with-screw-cam-nut.html

Now it is made of plastic! This is the piece that needs to be tightened fairly hard. And a $60 3-level book shelf I bought is designed with a fried brain that it exhibits the most basic principle of parallelogram. It's just bad design, not stable. The Target book case I spent $20-$25 on didn't get this bad. I'm a good assembler and this is just unacceptable now.

Not to mention a dozen lamps I returned to Office Depot, because fried brain Mr. A designed the packaging so that the head of the lamp sticks against the tiny toggle switch inside the box. A few rough handling during shipping will damage or loosen the switch. I opened 3 boxes and found 2 toggle switches damaged.

The list goes on with lenses I bought being only nominally 50mm diameter but fall through 50mm lens holders, a data logger shield occasionally can't find the SD card (maybe some spring contact is bad) ...

What complaint have you got?

Oh, the "someone has replied your post" message is blocking the replies link on the forum. It that message were just a bit less tall, it'd be fine :stuck_out_tongue:

Complaints?

How about, why can't you buy real drugs at a drug store?

Sorry, that's from an old George Carlin routine from his hippy-dippy weather man days. :wink:

Lefty

I think it is really annoying that arduino never fixed the pin header problem. 8)
Now if I sold shields; my customers could not plug in my shields the wrong way; which reduces the amount of magic smoke and business. ]:smiley:

Yours complaining
Jantje

Don't you find all this complaining about things that aren't going to change really irritating :wink:

@CrossRoads
Do you really want me to complain about you complaining about me complaining? :grin:

Complaining Jantje

Why is it that only posters on the forum who apologise for their poor English have in fact very good English. The real poor posters do not stand a hope in hell of understanding the answer and are supposed when they don't.

LOL, Jantje, LOL XD
Got me chuckling with that one 8)

Yeah, the pin header spacing screw up. I always have to check 3 times the spacing every time I do a new shield design.

Now new screw-ups, the screw hole near the USB connector is too close to headers and essentially useless. The one next to the power barrel has a similar problem.

Don't get me started on complaining... according to my wife, that's one thing I am good at, and I haven't even become a grumpy old man yet.

It's really annoying that after 2 hours desoldering an IC from an old Nokia phone, soldering it into a protoshield, having neat thin tiny cables pass routed and soldered the shield so it looks good, writing a small test sketch for it I find out the $@#%! thing isn't working. Don't you hate that?

Grumpy_Mike:
Why is it that only posters on the forum who apologise for their poor English have in fact very good English.

I've often wondered that as well.

When finsihed my clothes washer beeps three times in quick succession, followed by a short pause, three more beeps, short pause, three more beeps. It does this every minute indefinately until it is turned off. Someday that beeper is going to be smashed into very tiny pieces!

Well, I fixed the pin header issue. My Arduino clone has compatible headers and additional holes for properly spaced headers. Seeestudio fixed it for some of theirs as well.

I also have one: why does the Arduino "IDE" not allow to start an external editor directly? Or any other tool for that matter?

My problem is with the long beep my microwave oven is doing, and then every minute it will beep.

Yeah, my microwave is similar. That beeper is also on my hit list.

Motorola Flip phones. When the battery starts dying, they beep incessantly. There is no way to turn this beep off, until the phone beeps itself to death (or I toss it out the car window). We even melted one with thermite.

" I hate those 3 day cruises they advertise, a three day cruise is just a ferry with no GPS ! " -- Joan Rivers

Car door open beep when the key is in the ignition. I know the bloody door is open, I opened it to let some air in while parked having lunch and listening to the radio.

And get this, I can be doing 100kph down the highway and open the door, no beep.

What arseholes think this stuff up?

Rob

"Lift here to open" when they really mean "If you don't have long finger nails go get a knife but that doesn't work either so poke and prod and rip until the end of the box is totally destroyed to open"

What arseholes design this stuff?

Rob

Don't get me started :slight_smile:

Graynomad:
Car door open beep when the key is in the ignition. I know the bloody door is open, I opened it to let some air in while parked having lunch and listening to the radio.

And get this, I can be doing 100kph down the highway and open the door, no beep.

What arseholes think this stuff up?

Rob

How are you able to open your car door at that speed? I thought the air drag will make it so hard to open a door at that speed. 100/1.6=62.5mi/h
At least all my cars only beep loudly once with an open door, it won't keep beeping.

How are you able to open your car door at that speed?

Easy, as a young fella I did a lot worse at faster speeds :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that you don't have to fully open it.

At least all my cars only beep loudly once with an open door, it won't keep beeping.

That's reasonable, want to swap?

Rob