Let's do a rally of meaningless complaints

Well, I fixed the pin header issue. My Arduino clone has compatible headers and additional holes for properly spaced headers. Seeestudio fixed it for some of theirs as well.

I also have one: why does the Arduino "IDE" not allow to start an external editor directly? Or any other tool for that matter?

My problem is with the long beep my microwave oven is doing, and then every minute it will beep.

Yeah, my microwave is similar. That beeper is also on my hit list.

Motorola Flip phones. When the battery starts dying, they beep incessantly. There is no way to turn this beep off, until the phone beeps itself to death (or I toss it out the car window). We even melted one with thermite.

" I hate those 3 day cruises they advertise, a three day cruise is just a ferry with no GPS ! " -- Joan Rivers

Car door open beep when the key is in the ignition. I know the bloody door is open, I opened it to let some air in while parked having lunch and listening to the radio.

And get this, I can be doing 100kph down the highway and open the door, no beep.

What arseholes think this stuff up?

Rob

"Lift here to open" when they really mean "If you don't have long finger nails go get a knife but that doesn't work either so poke and prod and rip until the end of the box is totally destroyed to open"

What arseholes design this stuff?

Rob

Don't get me started :slight_smile:

Graynomad:
Car door open beep when the key is in the ignition. I know the bloody door is open, I opened it to let some air in while parked having lunch and listening to the radio.

And get this, I can be doing 100kph down the highway and open the door, no beep.

What arseholes think this stuff up?

Rob

How are you able to open your car door at that speed? I thought the air drag will make it so hard to open a door at that speed. 100/1.6=62.5mi/h
At least all my cars only beep loudly once with an open door, it won't keep beeping.

How are you able to open your car door at that speed?

Easy, as a young fella I did a lot worse at faster speeds :slight_smile:

Bear in mind that you don't have to fully open it.

At least all my cars only beep loudly once with an open door, it won't keep beeping.

That's reasonable, want to swap?

Rob

@liudr: I am pretty much sure that you can open the door (at least partially) even at 160km/h (100mph). Here in Germany nobody assumes this to be very fast. This is just "fast". I find it always amusing when I see car chases in US movies when the needle of the speedometer trembles as it hits the mystic 100mph. When I am commuting at 160km/h I have to take care to avoid cars that are rapidly approaching from behind :wink:

With regard to the anoying beeps: why does my car beep if the "passenger" (=my laptop bag) is not buckled up? At least it stops after some beeps. The previous one kept beeping for 5 Minutes before it gave up.

If you think you guys have complaints, well, it snowed here today.

Dang, too early for snow. Rainy here, has been for several days. Little glimpse of clear sky as the sun was pretty close to setting.

it snowed here today.

That's nuthin.

Our winter just past was so bad we had a frost one morning. I kid you not.

Children below the age of 7 didn't know what it was, even some adults had to Google the symptoms to figure what was happening.

Man I hope we don't get another winter like that again.

Rob

I keep my bag on the passenger floor, less gravitational potential. Otherwise I keep a hand on it, too distracting. New cars sold in US should have fuel line automatically cut if driven over 100 mi/h or something. I don't know how hard it is to get a driver's license in Germany. Here in US every nut case can get one. I always pay much attention every time I drive. If I drive at 100mi/h I imagine my car will shake too much and fuel efficiency will be half what I get with 65 or70.

100mph is well and truly in my passed, 100 kph is the speed limit so that's normal when I'm in a car. In the truck I sit on 65kph, I sure get to see a lot of scenery at that speed.

Rob

Jimmy60:
If you think you guys have complaints, well, it snowed here today.

So thats where it all went. Good, you can keep it. I didn't have to bring the 4WD out until February last winter.

I keep my bag on the passenger floor, less gravitational potential. Otherwise I keep a hand on it, too distracting. New cars sold in US should have fuel line automatically cut if driven over 100 mi/h or something. I don't know how hard it is to get a driver's license in Germany. Here in US every nut case can get one.

Allowing higher speeds provides a certain amount of self regulation among the idiot part of the population.

Duane B

rcarduino.blogspot.com

I wish to complain about this parrot ...

An oldie but a goodie.

Rob

Also, I'm not happy with the color temperature of Sol. If we could just drop it a thousand K or so, that'd be nice.