Ping)))

Hey,

I want to count human activity with ping))), but I'm new with arduino and don't now how to.
Can you send my a code or a technical sketch.

Tanks in Advance

Cekstuffertz

I want to count human activity with ping)))

What human activity? You want to count every time someone farts?

but I'm new with arduino and don't now how to.

Then, why did you pick this project?

If you post in Gigs and Collaboration, and offer to pay, and fully define your requirements (and they make sense), yes. Here, we help you get YOUR code to work.

Dear PaulS,

I'm making for school an trash can that counts every single garbage (sorry i'm dutch) and counts it to a total count.

STOP CROSS-POSTING!

It wastes time, and makes people CROSS.

Last warning.

Hey,

I have already post this on other topics but they say i have to place it her. So:

"Hey,

I want to count human activity with ping))), but I'm new with arduino and don't now how to.

Tanks in Advance

Cekstuffertz"

Ok I'm sorry but PaulS say that i have to place it at Giggs and col.......

Threads merged.
I wasn't talking about this one, I was talking about the earlier ones in Sensors and Project Guidance.
If you need a thread moved, ask a moderator.

Sorry i wasn't thinking about it. SORRY!

A ping sensor measures distance. It doesn't care whether that distance is to a dog, a tree, a brick wall, or a human.

The first thing that you need to do is to be able to get distances from the sensor. There are plenty of examples around for doing that.

Then, you have to decide what that distance means. Do you want to increment the counter each time the distance it measures is less than some value? Do you want to increment the counter only once when the distance is less than some value, ignoring readings until a reading above that threshold happens?

What will you do with that counter?

PaulS:
A ping sensor measures distance. It doesn't care whether that distance is to a dog, a tree, a brick wall, or a human.

The first thing that you need to do is to be able to get distances from the sensor. There are plenty of examples around for doing that.

Then, you have to decide what that distance means. Do you want to increment the counter each time the distance it measures is less than some value? Do you want to increment the counter only once when the distance is less than some value, ignoring readings until a reading above that threshold happens?

What will you do with that counter?

I thought if the sensor a smaller distance than normal measurement he than 1 "point" to the total number of does.

We want to use it for if there eg. 400 clots in the trash is thrown there than something happened!

Have you tried here?

AWOL:
Have you tried here?

Why?

The language barrier might be a good deal lower there.

yes i understand that but theres almost no activity on that topic!

Where is the code that you are using to get any data from the sensor?

PaulS:
Where is the code that you are using to get any data from the sensor?

Thats the problem! I don't have that.

If you want answers, it is best not to lock the thread.

I'm sorry i was just trying something.

http://playground.arduino.cc//Main/InterfacingWithHardware#DistanceSensing
has code to deal with a wide variety of distance measuring sensors.

Tanks,

But is it possible to add 1 to the totalcount when the distance is to short.

Caryl