What knowledge of electronics, physics and program, would need to use ARDUINO

Hello everyone

What knowledge of electronics or physics of computation, programming, ... are needed to learn to use ARDUINO?

Any book reference to learn.

Thanks in advance.
Francisco J.

If you follow the tutorials, the only thing you need is just wanting to learn.
A little bit of knowledge on programming or algorithms is desirable though.

Hi, You don't need that knowledge to start.. you will learn more by using Arduino.

My suggested books here: http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/Arduino-Books

And very beginning How-To here: http://arduino-info.wikispaces.com/GettingStarted-Software

IMHO.. you can get started ASAP..with NO knowledge what so ever..

however.. when you want to start doing things other thank blink LEDS and other simple projects.. its VERY VERY hard to get things moving! (again IMHO)

reading the internet and tutorials is great!.. but when you have questions.. (the monitor doesnt answer back!)

but asking for help is very hit or miss.. for example: you'll get alot of the same vet members posting.. but mostly people think you have the same knowledge as they do... so getting HELP is hard as its more terminology and datasheets..etc.. no real understanding that NEW people need 'help'..not more questions)

that being said.. answer are here/out there.. but some projects will take more time to work through

Its a fun and addicting hobby!.. just open your imagination to other ideas once you have an 'outlet' to make the ideas a reality.

no real understanding...not more questions

Sorry, absolutely disagree.
How do we learn things?
By asking questions.

How else can we know the level of experience of the poster?
By number of posts?
No, that tells us very little about their experience.

By asking questions, we gain an insight into the experience and thought processes of the poster.

sorry..

yes, 'that' I agree with.. asking questions to gauge the OP's skill level..etc..

but answers like: "some needs to read more".. or "isnt it in the datasheet?".. ..etc..etc..

dont really do much in 'helping' (anyone)..

my stance is noone is 'forced' to answer anyones post.. so there is never any reason to either be mean spirited or not helpful. (the time it takes some people to post and be negative or non-helpful...they could have easily supplied advice)

I hope that is more clear. Not everyone has the basic understanding or education of an EE degree/background. But I think many expect one to, with some of the answers/responses given.

I don't have an EE education/background.
Getting the answer to asking "isn't it in the data sheet?" provides yet more information.

Sorry if it sounds brutal, but it's a form of triage.

Of the physics you don't need to learn a lot. A few basic formulas, the Ohm's law R=U/I, P=UI and Kirchoff's voltage/current laws are enough for a long time. All basic high school stuff at least here where I live.

Btw, I haven't noticed the mean spiritedness xl97 mentioned. Quite opposite, I think that the vets here are exceptionally helpful and patient.

Ouch!

Ohm's Law is R = V/I, P = VI

I haven't been on this forum long but I see the same problems in other forums.

The art in asking a good question is to express the problem as clearly as possible and to give all relevant parameters.

Ask a good question, you get a good answer.

As for the original query, the only requirement is to have an inquiring mind and the determination to find the answers.

U is a synonym for V. It is the symbol of voltage we were taught when I was in high school. There is even third symbol for voltage, E.

Many thanks for all replies.

I great you. I will try to learn about it with the tutorials and some books to introduce me in this world.

Best regards.
Francisco J.