Arduino spectrum analyzer shield schematic

Hey, arduino community. I want to make a arduino spectrum analyzer shield by myself, but I can't find the shematic. Can someone help to give me that schematic? thks very much!!

Link to schematic pdf under the description.

From Details in
http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,8328.0.html

• A 3.5mm Audio in connector for input.
  • Another 3.5mm connector for output to your speakers/stereo.
  • 7 Band real time spectrum analyzer (Stereo!) 63Hz, 160Hz, 400Hz, 1KHz, 2.5KHz, 6.25KHz, 16KHz
  • Only uses 2 digital pins and one analog.
    But see the schematic I can't understand that one audio jack is input and one is output. and I see this schematic use two analog.
    Can you help me to understand?

Bluesky0202:
But see the schematic I can't understand that one audio jack is input and one is output. and I see this schematic use two analog.

Left and right. The jacks are stereo (as shown on the schematic).

Nantonos:
Left and right. The jacks are stereo (as shown on the schematic).

I don't understand how the components are connected together. Can you give me the schematic that wires are connected to all components?

The part of the jack labelled 'left' conects to the part of the circuit labelled 'left'.
The part of the circuit labelled 'analog1' conects to the sheild connector labelled 'analog1'.
and so on.

I don't understand how the components are connected together. Can you give me the schematic that wires are connected to all components?

Lakes gave you a link to the [u]schematic[/u], and the [u]datasheet[/u] for the chip.

DVDdoug:

Lakes gave you a link to the [u]schematic[/u], and the [u]datasheet[/u] for the chip.

Which the OP saw, but was confused because the schematic is in several parts that do not seem to be connected at first glance.

how much is MGSEQ7 ?

Bluesky0202:
how much is MGSEQ7 ?

Depends on where you get it from. Try Google/Bing/Other search engine.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2pcs-MSGEQ7-7-Band-Graphic-Equalizer-ORIGINAL-MSI-chip-/280789262851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4160582203

Cheap as.. erm... chips! :smiley:

Nantonos:
Which the OP saw, but was confused because the schematic is in several parts that do not seem to be connected at first glance.

Each signal has a name - the name is unique to that signal and defines the connections even if they are not drawn in.

For a simple circuit like this there isn't a good reason not to draw them, but in large circuits it gets horribly confusing to draw all the connections between different parts, so in general its good practice.

MarkT:

Nantonos:

Each signal has a name - the name is unique to that signal and defines the connections even if they are not drawn in.

Yes, as I pointed out to the OP. They still seem to have difficulty getting it, though.

Thanks everyone! I'm a newbie in Arduino. But if I want to use LM3915 instead of MGSEQ7. How it work with Arduino ?

You know thats just a VU meter, not a Spectrum Analyzer?

You can make a VU meter with an Arduino.