Go Down

Topic: Want: old processors Have: arduino shield (Read 17294 times) previous topic - next topic

liuzengqiang

MurMan,

Wow, I wish I had that. Are you willing to trade with my PCB? PM me. Thanks.
Serial LCD keypad panel,phi_prompt user interface library,SDI-12 USB Adapter

liuzengqiang

cowjam,

Were you dreaming about these boxes and shelves?

These are my collection though  ;D

mowcius

Dec 21, 2010, 09:08 am Last Edit: Dec 21, 2010, 09:25 am by mowcius Reason: 1
Neat collection :D

I have an....

[edit]IDT WinChip
3.52Vcc(66MHz clock)
C6-PSME200GA
C6-200MHz
W9922P[/edit]

Any interest?

[edit]Scrap that, some of the pins are broken, I presume you wouldn't want it if I gave it to you... Wouldn't be worth postage anyway.[/edit]

cowjam

Were you dreaming about these boxes and shelves?

Similar to the first box. I think it was my subconscious telling me I should find the chips I have.

liuzengqiang

mowcius,

Like this one in my collection?

Notice the chip is missing 3 pins around the red circle. I think it might be intentional. Maybe they screwed up the schematic and had to add a thin PCB to fix it.

mowcius

Dec 22, 2010, 12:10 am Last Edit: Dec 22, 2010, 12:10 am by mowcius Reason: 1
Yes, very similar. I think my pins may be missing in a different place. Not sure if I have pins there...

I'll check tomorrow if I remember. Mine is also without the fan connection PCB although I think that's in the box somewhere.

Mowcius

liuzengqiang

Just FYI, the middle picture are DEC processors with gold tops. I guess their brothers are not all lucky and may have ended up in a grinder (for gold content, but how much can you get out of a CPU?!)

I spent quite a bit buying the storage trays but most non-intel/amd processors won't fit on those trays. Still the trays are very nice and neat. I even have triplets basically 3 PIII 667 processors with their serial numbers all next to each other. Wonder if that counts as rare. How difficult to get something like that? Who would have saved 3 new processors just to beat me ;D?

mowcius

liuzengqiang

The box is almost full. Plus, postage from UK to US is probably making the trade not worthy.

Thanks though.

mowcius

That's quite a collection of them.

Yeah it was kinda a joke.

I'll keep my eyes open for anything now though.  ;)

cowjam

Wow I'd completely forgotten what PIIs looked like!

pwillard

Here's a PIC of the 6800 I mentioned.

cr0sh

How difficult to get something like that? Who would have saved 3 new processors just to beat me?

It seems strange that it is only three, and not four; I would expect a multiple of 2 for use in a multi-processor system of some sort (where getting them all from the same batch might've been needed - sequential numbers was likely some kind of "from the same box of processors" OEM thing or something).

Maybe at one time it was like that - but then one processor died and had to be replaced, and you got the remainder?

/just a wild-a** guess...

::)
I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

liuzengqiang

pwillard,

The processor looks pretty nice. If I'm correct, the date code says it's made during the 47'th week in 1975, effectively older than me, by not by too much though. If you're willing to trade this chip, I can send you a completely assembled Phi-1 shield. You plug in into your adruino and load some codes it's ready to go. I think it's a fair trade. The assembled kit should be around $35 (parts + 1 hour labor) and your chip could be worth that much to the right buyer. But to keep your soldering iron happy I'm also willing to toss in a Bare PCB if you have any additional chips to trade. Just PM me. Thanks.

liuzengqiang

Dec 23, 2010, 05:58 am Last Edit: Dec 23, 2010, 06:29 am by liuzengqiang Reason: 1
cr0sh,

I got those three processors when dumpster-diving at an electronics recycling site. There were three desktops, all were PIII-667 and they just happened to have rolled out of Dell's production line at the same time with their CPU serial codes next to one another. Lucky me. I also found various treasures at that place as well. OMTIAMT ;D

If you stare at the code, the top right one has xxxx 1402, the top left has 1400, and the bottom left has 1401

Go Up