Realtime OS - ChibiOS/RT port for Due

I have ported the Arduino Due to ChibiOS/RT. That's said - currently I have only implemented the PAL drivers, which means GPIO drivers.

Here is the git repro: GitHub - sam0737/chibios-rt-arduino-due: Arduino Due patch for Chibios-RT OS

So far, It boots, running threads and such. It should be a good starting point if someone gets the hand dirty with better RTOS than what Arduino has offered.

I develop it on Windows, and build with the toolchain that Arduino uses. I suppose it works on Linux with almost no modification.

fat16lib did a porting of some RTOS to the Arduino Due and other platforms as well:

http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,137345.0.html

If I understand correctly, fat16lib's approach is run Chibios/RT scheduler with the Arduino Due existing Library. That said, to control the hardware register, you have to use the Arduino library (writing pins, USB, timer, etc), not the Chibios/RT.

While what I am doing is implementing the low level driver for Due on Chibios/RT. No dependency on the Arduino stack - which means instead of digitalWrite, one have to code in Chibios/RT style.