[RESOLVED] TDA2822 Audio Amp

Hi,

I've been trying to get sound out of TDA2822 (8 pins) for about 4 hours now, nothing I tried works. Is anyone familiar with this IC? Only thing I don't have is 4.7 Ohm resistors, I tried 10 Ohm instead. Could this be the issue?
Schematic I'm using is from chip's Datasheet, it's Bridged (mono) version: http://www.unisonic.com.tw/datasheet/TDA2822.pdf
I did get some sound but it's cutting in and out and chip started to overheat at 5V... Any suggestions?

No experience with this chip but double check your wiring :slight_smile: You can put 2 10ohm resistors in parallel so you get a 5ohm resistance.

I would check wiring.

That chip is fool-prove so it is hard to not get it to work.

Bajdi:
No experience with this chip but double check your wiring :slight_smile: You can put 2 10ohm resistors in parallel so you get a 5ohm resistance.

Thanks for the info! I didn't realize I can divide resistance like this :slight_smile:

dhenry:
I would check wiring.

That chip is fool-prove so it is hard to not get it to work.

Yup, will try it again. I'm also not sure why it doesn't work, schematic seems pretty straight forward... Thanks!

Speaker hooked up to just 1 and 3?

db2db:
Speaker hooked up to just 1 and 3?

Yes! Does polarity matter?
Btw it's .5 W 8 Ohm speaker

Got it working! I think parallel resistors helped :slight_smile: One more question, how do I reduce amplification? I think its giving out 2 watts, while my speaker can only handle .5

how do I reduce amplification?

Have you tried to read the datasheet you linked to?

dhenry:

how do I reduce amplification?

Have you tried to read the datasheet you linked to?

I had read it. Didn't see relevant information, thus I'm asking

Got it working! I think parallel resistors helped :slight_smile: One more question, how do I reduce amplification? I think its giving out 2 watts, while my speaker can only handle .5

You reduce the input signal either with two voltage divider resistors or better yet just replace the input 10K ohm resistor and replace it with either a 10K pot or trimmer pot with the wiper feeding the input pin.

Lefty

retrolefty:

You reduce the input signal either with two voltage divider resistors or better yet just replace the input 10K ohm resistor and replace it with either a 10K pot or trimmer pot with the wiper feeding the input pin.

Lefty

Thanks, yeah that works! I connected Pot and it reduces volume. Now to figure out how to get rid of all the terrible digital noise I get from my circuit, but that's whole another story :slight_smile:

Didn't see relevant information

Page 5, schematic diagram. Two resistors from OUTx to NFx. What do they do?

dhenry:

Didn't see relevant information

Page 5, schematic diagram. Two resistors from OUTx to NFx. What do they do?

No idea :slight_smile: