Arduino on Xcode Project — Official Thread

Olivier et al:

If it isn't too much hassle, I know that myself and many with me would appreciate a lot if
you could do a write-up of what you have learned so far about how this Xcode+Arduino.app setup
works. I'm thinking about a sequential description of how you understand everything runs from
the point to click Build&Upload, what happens with the makefile, documentation about the makefile
and other important knowledge like customizing code completion, syntax coloring et al.

I'm thinking this can be the starting point for a page in the upcoming wiki. We can divide it
into the different phases of compiling and uploading.

We can also start a wiki page documenting how to use git for this project in particular; how to
clone, branch, pull requests and merge. I'm still not sure how merge works with conflicting
parts of the same files (say, the .xcodeproject file) and not overwriting other important changes.
I know diving into many smaller files are key, as always, but with Xcode projects some files are
unavvoidably monolothic.

Also, how does the serial monitor work with our setup? I see you use 'screen ...' - is this the
usual screen command I use when I start shell scripts and irssi on remote servers so I
can reconnect to them later?

Maybe it's an idea to hack a quick Cocoa app or script that handles/starts the serial monitor automatically
for the user?

I've also ordered the WiFly wifi shield from Sparkfun.com so my arduino can speak tcp/ip
with the world. Do you guys have any experience with this, or have any other wifi shield
to reccommend?