Arduino Uno connected with DC Motor Driver 24V 20A

I am a newbie. I heard that Arduino is Open Source. I have a Uno rev 3. I want to connect a DC Motor Driver 24V 20A to run a DC motor of 12 volts and 5amp. I want to know how to connect it with Uno 3 :roll_eyes: Electrical Charateristics of DC motor Driver:-

Input Voltage: 7V minimum to 30V maximum
Continuous Current (< 1seconds) ~ 20A
Continuous Current (< 10seconds) ~ 10A
Continuous Current (> 10seconds) ~ 5A (without heat sink on MOSFETS)
Absolute Maximum Peak Current ~ 50A

Control IO Description:-
GND – connect to GND on controlling board
DIR – Pulled down to GND Forward by default and Backward when 5V (logic high)
PWM – Pulse Widht Modulation input to control speed of motor (recommended freq 20Hz to
400Hz)
BRK – breaking input to halt the motor in operations when 5V (logic high)
5V – regulated 5V output from motor driver board (maximum 50mA supply)

How to connect these 5 pins to uno 3 ?

Connect "GND" to Arduino Ground
Connect "DIR" to an Arduino digital output pin. Set pin LOW for forward and HIGH for backward.
Connect "PWM" to one of the six Arduino PWM output pins. Use analogWrite() to set the speed from 0 to 255.
Connect "BRK" to an Arduino digital output pin. Set pin LOW for normal operation and HIGH to stop quickly.

You can leave the 5V unconnected or you can connect it to the Arduino's 5V pin to power the Arduino if you aren't powering it another way (USB, power jack, 7-12V on Vin).

Thanks but there is no LOW or HIGH pin on the Motor Driver board.

Also do you know how to code\programming after i connect Driver board to Uno 3 ? :roll_eyes:

Thanks but there is no LOW or HIGH pin on the Motor Driver board.

Who said anything about a LOW or HIGH pin? Those are values to set the pin TO.

Also do you know how to code\programming after i connect Driver board to Uno 3 ?

Yes.

You were told what function to use to set the speed. Use digitalWrite() to activate the brake or control direction.

As for actually making the Arduino make the motor shield do something, you need to start with requirements. What should the Arduino make the motor shield do?

I want to make dc servo motor from dc motor of 12volt and 5amp.

MohitJindal:
I want to make dc servo motor from dc motor of 12volt and 5amp.

To make a servo motor you need some way to sense the motor position.

How many turns will the servo motor move? If less than one turn (like a hobby servo) then a variable resistor can be used to sense position. If you need a full turn or more you need an absolute or relative shaft encoder.

continous rotation. Output shaft has 60rpm. Metal gears. I am planning to use AS5145 encoder. But don't know which pins to fix in which pins of uno 3. Also i don't know programming. Sorry i am a newbie.

But don't know which pins to fix in which pins of uno 3.

Which pins of what? You've been told which pins of the motor shield to connect.

Also i don't know programming.

Time to learn. Or offer to pay.

That was very funny :slight_smile: XD :grin: :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue: Mr. Johnwass told me the pin connections of motor driver. No one told me pin connections of As5145 encoder.

No one told me pin connections of As5145 encoder.

I'm pretty sure that your computer is capable of doing a google search for that encoder. I'm fairly certain that you can then copy the URL where you found the encoder - specifically the data sheet for it.

It isn't a real stretch to believe that you are capable of clicking the 3rd icon on the bottom row (just above the smiley faces) and then pasting the URL.

If you do that, it is much more likely that someone can read the data sheet for you, and tell you where to connect the encoder pins.

Ok i attached the datasheet with this reply. I hope to get a real help this time. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

AS5145B-HSSU.pdf (695 KB)

Have you done a search for other people using that chip with the Arduino? Often you can find working examples that way.

I already searched google. No one talk or wrote about pin connections. Please, if you don't know then :. let other users help me. :wink:

MohitJindal:
I already searched google. No one talk or wrote about pin connections. Please, if you don't know then :. let other users help me. :wink:

I was trying to help you help yourself but if you don't want me to try anymore I will gladly stop.

Yes please help me mr. Johnwass. I already purchased uno 3 and its lying like dead in front of me. Please read the datasheet i attached and tell me which pins go where.

Hello ? Mr. Johnwasser. Are you still reading :frowning: datasheet?

MohitJindal:
Hello ? Mr. Johnwasser. Are you still reading :frowning: datasheet?

No. I've lost interest in your project.