Cheap PCB fab?

I second what CR said. I've always had excellent communications from iTead, step by step through the process. Send them an e-mail.

Same here, with ITead. I've placed three orders with them and am very happy with their service. They provide plenty of feedback.

[quote author=Leon Heller link=topic=135354.msg1019379#msg1019379 date=1354610052]
Same here, with ITead. I've placed three orders with them and am very happy with their service. They provide plenty of feedback.
[/quote]How long for shipping to the Uk?

Yea, I got the email for the order number and sent them the files. That was on the 24th of last month.

I'll send her an email now..

I ordered boards from Itead and OSH Park within an hour on the same day to see who would be the fastest.

I have already got an email back from OSH Park advising that my board has arrived from fab and getting ready to be shipped..

codlink:
Yea, I got the email for the order number and sent them the files. That was on the 24th of last month.

I'll send her an email now..

I ordered boards from Itead and OSH Park within an hour on the same day to see who would be the fastest.

I have already got an email back from OSH Park advising that my board has arrived from fab and getting ready to be shipped..

I suspect Itead has a high uncertainty on delivery date due to shipping time to USA and OSH has high uncertainty due to smaller amount of orders for manufacturing.

Lakes:

[quote author=Leon Heller link=topic=135354.msg1019379#msg1019379 date=1354610052]

How long for shipping to the Uk?
[/quote]

The boards were typically made in three working days, and postage took about 8-10 days.

Seeed, a similar outfit to ITead, has copied their service, and uses the same PCB supplier. From comments on their forum, Seeed doesn't seem to be as reliable, and takes longer, which is strange, as their office is opposite the PCB company.

I use Drew Anderson, based in Glenrothes
generally 10 days from idea to PCB
drew dot anderson at badnetwork dot co dot uk

I thought it was the other way around. I used both services and they are comparable with quality and shipping time.

I've done 2-3 orders this autumn and have seen more like 3 weeks for delivery to the UK

this is more my reality too..

2-3 weeks from ordering to delivery in the US (upper mid-west) :slight_smile:

xl97:
2-3 weeks from ordering to delivery in the US (upper mid-west) :slight_smile:

Which area does the cat in the hat come from? Be nice to see if you are around my area since you mentioned upper mid-west USA.

Right under ya! :slight_smile:

CHEESEHEAD! (Wisconsin!)

My last order from Sitpway went out on November 26th and I had the boards in my hand in Canada on December 5th. Sitopway are the manufacturer so there is no middleman collecting fees and slowing the process down. They will even do the assembly and can source parts for way, way less than you can buy them. I can't say enough good about them.

Contact Kevin at salessitopwaycom

xl97:
Right under ya! :slight_smile:

CHEESEHEAD! (Wisconsin!)

Alright! I used to live in the Twin Cities, a lot closer to Wisconsin than I am right now. I'd still go to Axman's surplus stores in the Cities for some project parts.

I already got 6 boards from OSH Park (2 versions). Quality of boards and ease of order is amazing! Turnaround varies. First order I got within 2 weeks, second tool almost month (due to New Years). Now I'm waiting for my 3rd order.
I think I'm going to try iTead next. I need to bring my PCB price to $1 per board (2 layer 2.70x2.70 inch). I don't mind ordering 50 pieces, is there anyone who can do this medium batch cheaper than iTead?

Did you try Sitopway? $1 per board for 50 is a bit optimistic, but they might be able to do it.

BillO:
Did you try Sitopway? $1 per board for 50 is a bit optimistic, but they might be able to do it.

Thanks, I sent them e-mail.

2.7" is ~69mm
That'll put you in the <10cm x 10cm size, $120 for 50 to $190 to 100, so in the $2/board range.
If you buy 300, can be at $1.25/board.
Plus shipping.
internationalcircuits.com could be another option, they get competitive at higher quantities, and will do ass'y also.
At the 300 qty, US manufacturers might give you a good price too, try http://www.advancedcircuits.com/

CrossRoads:
2.7" is ~69mm
That'll put you in the <10cm x 10cm size, $120 for 50 to $190 to 100, so in the $2/board range.
If you buy 300, can be at $1.25/board.
Plus shipping.
internationalcircuits.com could be another option, they get competitive at higher quantities, and will do ass'y also.
At the 300 qty, US manufacturers might give you a good price too, try http://www.advancedcircuits.com/

Thanks! I will explore those options! :slight_smile:
BTW, have you or anyone else had any experience with 3rd party assembly services? What kind of pricing should I expect for thru the hole assembly for example?