Pushing a buttom with servo

Hello,

i am trying to push a button with a servo. I need to push it with different pressures, so i have to control the pressure.

Any idea about can i do it?

Thanks.

Put a spring between the button and the pushrod from the servo.

I don't understand what you mean. I have tried with elastic to push it. It's the button of a spray

Browser:
I don't understand what you mean. I have tried with elastic to push it. It's the button of a spray

Are you sure the button responds to different pressures?

What do you expect to happen?

What is happening?

Yes, of course, depend on the strength the painting is different.

I want to control from the arduino board the strength to press the spray.

I don't know how can i make something to push the spray's head (button)

A servo will turn a disk or arm. Connect a stick to the disk or arm and when the disk or arm rotates it will push or pull the stick. The stick is called a pushrod.

Browser:
Yes, of course, depend on the strength the painting is different.

I want to control from the arduino board the strength to press the spray.

I don't know how can i make something to push the spray's head (button)

I assume then that the 'spray button' has a finite travel range that causes it to travel through full off, some variable spray to full spray? So it would seen that you just need to mechanically couple a servo arm such that you can manipulate the spray buttons travel range via the specific servo position. Your servo must also have a torque rating high enough to overcome the force/friction of the button and cause this travel, via the servo's basic torque rating and/or by using mechanical leverage linkage such that the desired travel and torque requirements are both met.

Lefty

You may want to get a cheap spray can holder like below and modify it to work with a servo.

https://www.google.com/search?q=can+spray+paint+gun&num=100&hl=en&lr=&newwindow=1&safe=off&as_qdr=all&prmd=imvns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=4LMuUNizGdStyAH7p4DoDw&ved=0CIwFELMY&biw=1291&bih=627