Mac Downloading : Error inside Serial.<init>()

I've shut my computer down a couple of times since installing and still not had any luck, uploading sketches works fine, although i receive the error i mentioned above, the simple loops i've made are working fine, i even got it to play feliz navidad for xmas. It just won't print any serial data back to the monitor.

This is my first micro controller, although I have connected and run another arduino with the same result.

The first time I got the software working, this error was not happening, but i hadn't tried out the serial monitor yet, so i'm not sure it ever worked. I did attempt to connect flash to the controller with serproxy 1.3.3 and the arduino class from Arduino code&examples - by b of Progetto25zero1

No luck there either. This is getting frustrating.

Also I have processing installed, but I was getting the error prior to it's installation. And when i initially installed adruino 0006 the setup command gave me a problem and didn't run properly, then after re-running it, it installed fine and set i was all set.

Now i've installed arduino 0007 and running the setup.command since then has given the same all set type message. Also no virus software or firewall is running during any of my attempts.