Atmega328p error burning bootloader

I have been trying for a while now to burn the bootloader to this chip and another of the same. I keep getting an error and I have not found a solution on google.
I am running the most recent arduino IDE and using sparkfun's tiny programer. I am running windows seven.
I have the right programer and serial port selected and I have arduino uno selected as the board.
I attached a picture of how I have it wired.
This is my errors verbose output:

C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0.3\hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -CC:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0.3\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -cusbtiny -e -Ulock:w:0x3F:m -Uefuse:w:0x05:m -Uhfuse:w:0xde:m -Ulfuse:w:0xff:m 

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep  2 2011 at 19:38:36
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files\Arduino\arduino-1.0.3\hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : lpt1
         Using Programmer              : usbtiny
avrdude: usbdev_open(): Found USBtinyISP, bus:device: bus-0:\\.\libusb0-0001--0x1781-0x0c9f
         AVR Part                      : ATMEGA328P
         Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
         PAGEL                         : PD7
         BS2                           : PC2
         RESET disposition             : dedicated
         RETRY pulse                   : SCK
         serial program mode           : yes
         parallel program mode         : yes
         Timeout                       : 200
         StabDelay                     : 100
         CmdexeDelay                   : 25
         SyncLoops                     : 32
         ByteDelay                     : 0
         PollIndex                     : 3
         PollValue                     : 0x53
         Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65    20     4    0 no       1024    4      0  3600  3600 0xff 0xff
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           flash         65     6   128    0 yes     32768  128    256  4500  4500 0xff 0xff
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : USBtiny
         Description     : USBtiny simple USB programmer, http://www.ladyada.net/make/usbtinyisp/
avrdude: programmer operation not supported

avrdude: Using SCK period of 10 usec
CMD: [ac 53 00 00] [00 00 00 00]
CMD: [ac 53 00 00] [00 00 00 00]
avrdude: initialization failed, rc=-1
         Double check connections and try again, or use -F to override
         this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

The programmer needs to control Reset also to put the chip into ICSP programming mode. You do not seem to have it connected that way. Nor power & Gnd.

Oh sorry I forgot to add those wires in the diagram, I have updated it now!

Make sure your crystal capacitors are 22 pF each. Some others have had the wrong value which could cause this error.

I have 22 pF caps

I have tried:
burning the bootloader with the Sparkfun tiny avr programer and arduino as isp
successfully tested the tiny avr programer on a attiny85(bootloading and uploading blink)
burn the bootloader in arduino
using avrdude in command line to bootload with the tiny avr programer following this:
https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/247
bootloading with and without 16MHz crystal and 22pF caps to ground on xtal 1 and 2

Usually those buttons like you have for the reset have the diagonal terminals connected. Wired like it is might prevent a manual reset. Do you have the grounds connected between the programmer and the breadboard? You do know that you have the LED connected to DP9, right?

Just a note, sending a picture of the actual wired circuit shows us if you have overlooked something.

Using Port : lpt1
Using Programmer : usbtiny

Are those even compatible?

If you don't explicitly have the -Pusb it will show the lpt1, however it still uses the usb port for usbtiny programmers. I see that also on my usbtiny programmer.

here are some images of my circuit

and two more.
my programer works in arduino with tiny 85s on port 1!

I'm still suspicious of how that reset button is hooked up. Those buttons tend to have adjacent terminals permanently shorted and connect those sets when the button is pressed. You could be holding the chip in constant reset, or at least you're going to be unable to reset it when you push the button. What is that diode for on the reset pin of the chip on the breadboard? Do you have a common ground?

I believe the diode is to prevent the voltage overshoot from the auto-reset circuit. Without, it has caused chips to go into high voltage mode and wiping out the memory. This has been added to all newer versions of Arduino boards.

Hmm. If that board is an actual device programmer, you want it's RESET signal connected directly to the target's RESET pin, and not through the "auto-reset" capacitor.

ok, when I removed the cap on reset, the IDE did not fail when burning the bootloader.(verbose output in Arduino-output-bootload.txt)
I then tried to upload blink and got "avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00".(verbose output in Arduino-output-upload.txt)

Arduino-output-bootload.txt (22.9 KB)

Arduino-output-upload.txt (17.3 KB)

For uploading the Blink or any sketch, if you are using your USBtiny programer then you need to use "Upload Using Programmer" from the File menu. Just selecting "Upload" will attempt to upload using the bootloader, which requires a USB to serial adapter and the auto-reset circuit.

YAY, Blink.
It was the cap on reset and having to select upload with programer.
Thanks all of you for your help!