Beginnings of my Arduino PAN/Tilt/Zoom camera controller

I love it! I am re-writing a a robotic video compression suite and I think this is exactly what I need. How did you interface the zoom functionality to the arduino? I have been looking at a lot of security cameras that use the Pelco-D protocol but they require an RS-458 serial connection to send the data across. The origional suite was written in player/Stage for a robotics competition last year.. Problem with player is that it was not meant for streaming video and drops frames which very bad for mpeg4 compression. Hence the re-write. Along with the rewrite, however, I am looking to add better PTZ functionality and higher resolution cameras; the last one used a logitech orbit which is not incredibly fancy.. the PT is easy using an arduino and a couple of servos but interfacing the zoom capability is what is tripping me up. Can you post your wiring schematic for the final camera and the final camera you used? Maybe the code as well?

I read the schematic for the EVI-401 did you send the commands to the camera via the RS-232c, the TTL, or the VISCA interface?

When I get around to writing the camera suite, I will be sure to let you know...