Graphic LCD (KS0108) library now available

Quote:
Using digital pins 8-11 would be a problem due to tx and rx being pin 8 and 9...
I think i need to make sure that it is not me that is doing something wrong before posting the sanguino compatibility...
I think the sanguino guys are much better positioned to answer your question than me, I really have no idea how to map pins on the ATMega 644 chip for use with arduino software.

I hope the following helps you phrase your questions to them:

A specific question is: given that this arduino library uses thirteen of the twenty arduino defined digital pins, eight accessed through direct port io, five through arduino digital pin mappings, should this code work unchanged on the sanguino, if not, where can guidelines be found for running arduino code to the sanguino

This question expressed more generally is:
What are the issues with arduino software (such as different mappings to ports and/or resources) using digital pins 0-19 on the ATmega644, either with digitalWrite or using direct port access?

As I mentioned above, I think this discussion is better placed in a thread on sanguino and/or ATmega644 compatibility. I will be happy to post any conclusions here that relate to the GLCD library, but the issue you raise is how to get a chip that claims arduino compatibility working with arduino code, and I think this is an interesting and potentially involved discussion that doesn't belong in a thread dedicated to the Graphics LCD library.

Moved this issue to:
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1223141170/0#0