Send Arduino data to Iphone -HID - Magic MonitorX

As everyone knows, Apple blocks most paths to get data into the iPhone from a MCU via Serial or bluetooth. After trying many apparent solutions I decided HID was a simple way to do it. A new App on the Appstore called Magic Montor X uses the HID profile to send data from your Arduino or any other RX/TX device to the iPhone. Basically HID emulates a keyboard so it reads the incoming data in ASCII format. HID bluetooth is portable so you're not stuck with Ethernet Shield. It is cheap, you can add a HID bluetooth module for about $17 or even cheaper if you know how to implement HID profiles.
You can send up to 7 different data messages to the iphone and each will appear in a different "Monitor" Window. There are also 6 LED's you can turn ON or OFF. All this data will update each loop of your sketch.
You can customise the display to show 1 to 6 Data windows and name the units for each window.
The simplest solution I found is using roving Networks RN-42 and simply connecting it to RX/TX. It pairs seamlessly with iPhone and then you can just serial.Print data to the phone.

Control characters are used to get the correct data to the intended data window.
It is wireless and so much better than an LCD display.
Any questions, let me know
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/magic-monitorx/id583180732?mt=8

I have been looking around for a BLuetooth HID module, but it seems all that I find are ones that emulate Serial communication. What is the source of the $17 HID-capable Bluetooth module you reference?

HI
You can purchase it with HID Pre-Loaded at Roving Networks
http://www.rovingnetworks.com/products/RN_42
The part number is actually RN-42 HID @ $16.95
You can also buy it already mounted on a breakout board with a level-shifter on-board for $39, part number RN-42-SM, but you have to specify to them that you want the HID Profile pre-loaded.

Thanks

Does the app you mention above only read data or can it also send data to the Arduino?
For example, I'm trying to make my lights in my home controllable via Bluetooth on my iPhone.

It is only to read right now.

what did u mean by writing this ?

Im right now at a engineering summer camp where we must measure air quality and the AQI (air quality index) with some arduino sensors and create a product out of it. I was wondering if I could use this to display the outcomes in people's phones and notify them when air becomes dangerously polluted.