Leonardo and MATLAB interface?

hi,
i have a doubt about the interface between Leonardo and MATLAB.
in the MATLAB Arduino IO package documentation the supported Arduinos shown are Arduino Uno, Mega 2560, or Duemilanove ,
as Leonardo is not there on the list, let me know whether there is any incompatibilities between
MATLAB and Leonardo?

thanks

let me know whether there is any incompatibilities between MATLAB and Leonardo?

There is no incompatibility. Everything a Uno can do a Leonardo can do.
In fact the Leonardo can do more because it can look like a USB keyboard or mouse as well.

Everything a Uno can do a Leonardo can do.

On the other hand, the serial port must be opened using DtrEnable, to talk to the Leonardo. If MATLAB does not use that flag, it can't communicate with the Leonardo.

PaulS:

Everything a Uno can do a Leonardo can do.

On the other hand, the serial port must be opened using DtrEnable, to talk to the Leonardo. If MATLAB does not use that flag, it can't communicate with the Leonardo.

Has someone tried of getting Leonardo to work with Matlab, and even succeeded in that?

In Python it seems as easy as putting:
comport.DtrEnable = true;
(e.g. C# and Serial comunicaction - Raspberry Pi Forums)

So now one should probably modify the Arduino class (arduino.m of the Arduino I/O package) in similar manner? Or simply set the DtrEnable flag to true for the Matlab programs you are about to develop?

I don't have yet Leonardo and was thinking of purchasing one also to be used with Matlab so if someone can confirm in advance that it has worked, it would be great

Still there is a possible solution for this?

I am still having problem in interfacing matlab with leonardo as when i try to make connection(a=arduino('COM5')) the connection is not made and it shows
a=arduino('COM5')
Attempting connection .............
Warning: A timeout occurred before the Terminator was reached.
??? Error using ==> arduino>arduino.arduino at 104
Connection unsuccessful, please make sure that the board is powered on, running a sketch
provided with the package, and connected to the indicated serial port. You might also try to
unplug and re-plug the USB cable before attempting a reconnection.

and at 104 i got in my arduino.m file is
if isempty(a.sktc)
delete(a);
error('Connection unsuccessful, please make sure that the board is powered on, running a sketch provided with the package, and connected to the indicated serial port. You might also try to unplug and re-plug the USB cable before attempting a reconnection.');
end

The Leonardo requires that DTREnable be set to true. Are you setting that when opening the serial port? The default is to set DTREnable to false, for most software that deals with serial ports.

Also, what software is installed on the Arduino?