Arduino Nes controller, Please Help!

What happens if you press buttons on the controller, or move things? Getting zero seems to say to me nothing is pressed.

even if i press something i still get nothing. just "0"

I honestly can't tell from that if you followed the instructable or not. Let's hope.

what do you mean?.

The pictures have stopped displaying. I suggest you upload them as an attachment. Click on "Additional Options" below the post to do so.

IMAG0667.jpg

IMAG0668.jpg

IMAG0669.jpg

i cleaned it up a bit, it should be easier to see

IMAG0671.jpg

IMAG0670.jpg

Well judging by this that I found after Googling you may not have the wires right:

You have Gnd (brown) going to pin 4.

Although this says differently:

Now that you understand the pins on the Nintendo controller, hook up your jumper wires by using arrow’s colors from the photo above. (Note: The pins are fairly deep, be sure that your wires are deep enough and snug to insure a strong connection)
As for the other ends of the wires, place the RED wire from +5V on the Nintendo controller to 5V on the Arduino. Place the BLACK wire from GROUND on the NES controller to GROUND on the Arduino. Pretty straight forward.
Place the ORANGE wire from STROBE on the NES controller to Digital Pin 2 on the Arduino.
Place the WHITE wire from CLOCK on the NES controller to Digital Pin 3 on the Arduino.
Place the YELLOW wire from DATA on the NES controller to Digital Pin 4 on the Arduino.
NES Wired

All I am saying is, try to be absolutely certain you have the wiring right.

Do you remember which colour went into which pin on the plug? Or do you have another one to compare to?

i feel stupid, i accidently switched the yellow and brown, its working now, but when i run processing and open up notepad, i get nothing

Glad that's working.

I'm no Processing expert, someone else will have to help you with that part.

By the way, on the Leonardo, you need to wait for Serial to become available:

void setup() 
  {
  Serial.begin(9600);
  while (! Serial ) { }  // <------- add this

edit, in serial monitoring, i get different numbers when i press a button, except when i press the "a" button, the number doesnt change. it spams "127"

cant i emulate a keyboard directly from leonardo? so that i dont need processing?

Absolutely you can do that.

just one problem, i dont know how to make the code get the information that the controller is sending.
like i was thinking

if (input == 127)
  emulateKey(A)

or something like that.

idk, a little directional help would help

Take a look at this post:

I press a button on a keypad, and it "types" stuff into a forum message.