Searching My Posts

What is the best way to search my old posts? I'm starting to get too many for scrolling through the list of my posts to be practical.

I tried using Google and the "Search the Arduino Forum" field (which just seems to use Google anyway), but it didn't seem very effective.

For example, searching BigBobby Measuring site:forum.arduino.cc did not find my post in Measuring current that cell phone is using to charge

Is there a better way to search my old posts?

I tried this

BigBobby Measuring site:arduino.cc

in Google and your Thread was top of the list.

That is the way I search for my stuff.

I also bookmark all the Threads I create.

...R

Hmm...when I did it I got this thread at the top of the list -. Measuring AC peak or rms - Project Guidance - Arduino Forum

I get 5 pages of posts from me, but none of them are the post I was looking for (Measuring current that cell phone is using to charge - #6 by BigBobby - Project Guidance - Arduino Forum)

Interesting. Searching for ki0s cell phone site:arduino.cc does find it.

Maybe Google gives more weight to the Thread starter's name.

Truthfully there is stuff I wrote that I could never find. Now as well as Threads I start I also bookmark things I might be interested in at some time in the future. I take care with the text of the entry in my Firefox bookmarks so I can find them using the words I associate with the concept - not necessarily what it was actually called on the Forum.

...R

Robin2:
Interesting. Searching for ki0s cell phone site:arduino.cc does find it.

Maybe Google gives more weight to the Thread starter's name.

Yes, it likely does. But it's not like I started any of the other topics that show up in the search results. I have no idea why google is losing that post.

And yes, I imagine when you have 25kposts you must need a system for managing them if you ever hope to find one again. I'm having trouble with 350!