2.4" TFT LCD works but does not respond all the time

I purchased a 2.4" TFT LCD; and, after lots of attempts and tinkering, finally got it to work with my custom sketch. It was only displaying a full screen of white when using Arduino IDE 1.6; but, when I downgraded to 1.0.5 r2, it worked correctly.

The problem I have now is that the screen does not update all the time. I can monitor serially and see that the code behind the touch is running; but, any updates to the screen do not happen. If I keep selecting, eventually (could be 2 or 10 times) the screen will update.

I know there is nothing wrong with the code or the touch detection since it works intermittently and the code runs resulting from a touch every time. Is there something I may be missing that would cause the screen not to react to code instructions sometimes?

Any help is appreciated.

Is this the one with the ILI9340/ILI9340 display driver? If so, are you using AdaFruit's library? I'm currently playing with the 2.2" display right now, and having some issues with getting it to run along side a 74hc165, so I may be able to help a little. Although I'm still very much a noob.

For you I have just created new library improvements to TFTLCD and TouchScreen at my github: Jeroi ยท GitHub .

The problem with your white screen is timings, and I have implemented to the TFTLCD new speed_delay define that can be modified to suit your needs. The touchscreen code has gotten a bit better speed and ARM support.

Hopefully this helps you.