Where to find a guide to build a simple robot?

daitangio:
Hi all,
I am new to Arduino (just one month of experience).
I have built some simple circuits, and I have played with the Ping))) Sensor.
Now I'd like to build a very simple robot, using 4 motors.
Where can I find some guide on this topic?
I have read the posts on thsi forum, but I was unable to assembly a step-by-step guide.
Do you have some hints?
Thank you.

Can you afford to purchase some books? If so, I highly reccommend that you purchase the following:

These are the first three editions of this book; I own all three, and I can tell you that they differ enough that only purchasing the last edition will do you a diservice in your robotics education; with that said, though, you should be aware that the first edition includes information that can be considered "obsolete" (such as interfacing a robot via a parallel port or ISA slot on a PC, for instance), but there is a lot of other information that is still very valuable, that is only skimmed over in later editions.

Finally - in researching the above - I found that there is a fourth edition (which I will need to purchase - sigh):

I suspect that this edition likely chops some more of the older stuff, while adding on some newer stuff; interestingly, based on the details of the above Amazon link, it has information on using the Arduino for robotics!

:slight_smile: