Where to start and where to go from there?

Thank you for the reply! I have found myself getting very comfortable with the Arduino in the past few weeks. I have neglected the grass and the beautiful weather to sit in my office hunched over my work bench with parts around me!

Now, when you stated that you normally take a skeleton of a sketch and work it around what you're doing, that basicly what I did however, I felt like I was cheating or stealing. But as I make my project more advanced and it evolves into what I thought up, these sketch skeletons have merged into something very unique. At the time that I posted this, I really just didn't have much direction and I was hoping this thread would stay alive to help the people like me who are asking the same question. You have to stop doing the "safe" projects in the book and think up something that you can use, from stuff around your house. Maybe something else that you have a passion in. Once you have an idea as to what you want to make. Everything really comes natural from there. I have been stuck and I asked in the fourm, I have asked questions just to get ideas. For the most part every person on this fourm is willing to help (except for the few that just make you want to feel like your an idiot for not knowing something), but if you don't give up and understand that these are "projects" that will not come together overnight but will take weeks, months maybe years to complete. Just being acceptable to the learning experence is all you have to do to really fall in love with the Arduino. You really have no limits so run with it! Again, thank you for all the posts, I think this would be a great post to read to anyone that is starting out, and have tryed to go by the book.... Ditch the book, and get your hands dirty!