Walkie Talkie , Arduino Uno , TLV?

Guys , i need you guidance in this (yeah abviously since i'm in the forum).

Project idea
I would like to connect an audio chip to Arduino uno and transmit/recieve it using TRX radio transciever

ok . I want to choose an audio chip from TLV family since it already the codec , amp speaker , Automatic gain control .. etc . Plus, easy to use software

my questions are

1. how can i determine if it can function with ATMEGA328 ARDUINO UNO.

2. TLV has Control Interface : I2C and Digital Audio Interface: L,R, I2S, TDM, DSP
    i only know about I2S, now Arduino uno doesn't have I2S :cold_sweat: , how would i connect them together

3. Arduino uno uses Scetch while i.e TLV320AIC3120 uses PurePath studio ?! so now am confused , should i use both IDE?
    , then what is the use of Arduino uno. i guess to store the code in the chip EEPROM.

4. what is 10 bit chip from 8 bit chip from 12 bit chip !?

1. how can i determine if it can function with ATMEGA328 ARDUINO UNO.

The TLV is controlled by the I2C bus, so it's compatible with the Arduino platform.

how would i connect them together

See answer to first question.

! so now am confused , should i use both IDE?

If you need special DSP routines in the TLV, it's probably the most convenient way to use both IDEs.

then what is the use of Arduino uno. i guess to store the code in the chip EEPROM

No, the Arduino is the microcontroller, the chief of the whole system. If you store the TLV code (if needed) in the EEPROM or in the flash memory depends probably on the size of that code. A UNO has 1kB of EEPROM but 32kB of flash memory.

1. what is 10 bit chip from 8 bit chip from 12 bit chip !?

That depends on the context. Usually it's the data size. If the chip is a ADC, the bits specify the converters resolution. If the chip is a processor it's the width of the data bus, so the data size the processor is able to handle in one instruction.

This project is probably a bit much for starting out with. As I see it, the TLV320AIC3120
has its own DSP processor on-chip, which needs to be programmed in C or TMS320 assembler
with whatever application code you are wanting to use. That alone is a non-trivial task
probably 10X more difficult than programming an Arduino.

IOW, this requires using the Arduino IDE to program the Arduino, and the TI IDE to program
the TLV320.

Plus, easy to use software

Easy to use doesn't mean for someone who's never programmed before and doesn't already
know digital signal processing. It means for an experienced software engineer. There will be
a significant learning curve.

pylon . Awesome, thanks alot.
oric_dan. great answer. I got some experience in DSP and C but it have been a while for me to program in DSP.
As far a I understand , you are saying since there is a processor in TLV , i do not need to use Arduino Uno. Unless, i am connecting more sensors to it ?

I think i can just skip TLV and use the DSP in arduino. I'll need to work on the analog amps/ filtering though, but it's better then the headache of programming TLV as for a start. What do you think guys?

The basic Arduino boards aren't going to be fast enough or have enough RAM to do much in
the way of DSP. You need to look at some of the faster bds that use ARM processors for that.
You would have to build your own audio front-ends and back-ends, although there may be
some shields made for audio work.