New Olimex STM32-E407

Hi,

Olimex just released this powerful new board.

It has ardunino-like connectors and also Ethernet and SD slot, a small review is available here.

Giovanni

Anyone know of a U.S. source?

Shipping from Olimex is 29 EUR for FedEx. Air mail is 8.50 EUR but Olimex says this can take forever (eight weeks in Dec 2011 to USA).

Looks like a nice board. The SD is connected to SDIO so it will be extremely fast.

I don't see that board listed but Mouser sells that brand. http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=olimex

I tried Mouser, DigiKey, and several others.

I found the P407 which has a lot more features The MicroController and Embedded System Store.

fat16lib:
I tried Mouser, DigiKey, and several others.

I found the P407 which has a lot more features The MicroController and Embedded System Store.

That would just about be the ultimate dev. board but, a bit rich for my blood. :frowning:

I have been watching the Olimex board development a little because they mentioned it on the leaf labs forum. I would be surprised if they have had a chance to get the board set-up with the distributors already. They may need a bit of time to get it delivered.

I don't plan on buying a P407 board but found the P407 in several more places so I have hope for the E407.

Looks like one will need to shop for price on these new boards. I found the P407 for as high as $174.

Olimex has the H407 for 30 EUR, the E407 for 40 EUR and the P407 for 110 EUR. I hope the E407 is under $60 in the U.S.

That's a cool board!

I now see the Olimex STM32-E407 on ebay.

I decided to buy an Olimex STM32-H407 instead since it costs less but has what I need.

I got one on ebay with 5-7 business day shipping to the U.S. for £27.95 GBP or $44.99 with PayPal's 2.5% extra exchange rate.

Here is the difference between boards:

The major difference between STM32-H407 and STM32-E407 is that the latter has built-in Ethernet (physical level transceiver Micrel - Micrel datasheet). STM32-E407 also features an extra USB-OTG and a number of SMD jumpers on the bottom which help the user to control the multiplexing on some pins easier. STM32-E407 has 2 x USB-OTG both with a miniUSB interface. STM32- H407 has 1 x USB-OTG and 1 x USB-HOST with the On-The-Go interfaced by miniUSB and the HOST by USB type A connector.

The STM32-E407 is £10.00 GBP more.

Sounds like the board is loaded with some major features! I would like to hear how well you do with it!