voice operated wheelchair (prototype) URGENT PLEASE!!!

hey there.. i have bought an arduino uno. I would like to know if you could please help me in my project. well my project is a low cost voice operated wheelchair. the main functions are shown below:

1. the motion of the wheelchair is operated by voice.
  2. there is a fan that will be operated by voice.
    3.the wheelchair avoids obstacles
  3. there is a battery level indicator

could you please help me in a few a things.. im planning of using the voice recognition module used in this link (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Voice-Recognition-Module-Arduino-Compatible-Control-your-devices-by-voice-/140613022031?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20bd30714f).
but im not sure if this voice recognition module could be used for my wheelchair prototype .. i need to build a prototype. im stuck in selecting all the components .

could you please tell me if this Voice recognition module is fine for my project.? If so what is the coding that i need to use?

please be kind enough to help me and could you please email me ( jimisacool1@gmail.com ) the schematic of the entire project..thank you very much..

It seems to me that you have a concept but no idea how to implement it. I assume this is for an academic project.

Voice recognition can be done on a PC or on the Arduino. For a real wheelchair this would need to be done on the wheelchair - the Arduino could do this using EasyVR or similar. As a proof of concept, I expect you'd find that part easier to implement on a PC.

Controlling drive motors is a separate issue but the challenges here are mainly on the electrical side. Do you have any experience of building/using electronic speed controls? If not, you need to look for a commercial implementation, which will probably be expensive by the time you're handling enough current to power a wheelchair.

Collision detection / avoidance is another area that can be complex to get working reliably in any sort of real-world environment.

Do you have any relevant knowledge and experience in any of these areas? If not, I recommend that you look for something less ambitious, or at least plan the project in stages so that if you don't complete the whole thing you do at least have something to show.

If you're planning to have a real usable product at the end, I suggest you need to rethink. This sounds like a safety critical project and not at all suitable for a novice, which you seem to be.

I'm not going to be rude, so I will just tell you that your expectations here are WAY off. No one is going to do all the work for you and email it to you. First of all, if you want the answers YOU return to the forum to read them. Second, you are essentially asking someone to write all the code and design the circuits. So, what exactly are you left to do? I didn't see an offer to pay someone to do it, but that would be more realistic.

I will answer your one question, though... the voice module you linked to would work fine. It will connect to the serial port of the Arduino. You send a command telling it to record a voice command, then speak the command. It will remember this command and in operation, it will output a unique code when it recognizes each command. You would read that code and act on it based on what command it was.

So, things you need to learn are how the module works. There is a manual on the ebay link you sent.
You will need to learn how serial communication works on the Arduino: http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/SwitchCase2
You will need to learn how to control the wheelchair motors. Relays would work best unless you need to control speed. If you need speed control, you will need an H-bridge and PWM. http://arduino.cc/es/Reference/AnalogWrite?from=AnalogWrite.PWM

Avoiding obstacles is whole topic in and of itself.

Hi,
You need to PLAN and DESIGN this first, worry about details later... You might think about these areas:

• INTERACTION DESIGN Read about this! Wikipedia, Google. This is what Arduino was largely for for Art and Installation work
  • PHYSICAL DESIGN You need sketches and dimensions. You need mechanical considerations, materials, strengths, forces, power
  • ELECTRICAL DESIGN You need circuit diagrams, components choices, electrical power design, Arduino interfaces, power control
  • SOFTWARE DESIGN You need written narratives of How This Works, and then Arduino Software Sketches

2 weeks ago my wife and I did a weeklong Arduino101 class and the students went through those design sections, and I believe it helped reduce the flailing around.

Think: STEPWISE REFINEMENT.

Come back with some design ideas...

...and if you're an Arduino Newbie, start here: http://ArduinoInfo.Info

If the project you're describing is the same one as described here, you'd better get some seriously strong pots of coffee on.

AWOL:
If the project you're describing is the same one as described here, you'd better get some seriously strong pots of coffee on.

I think you linked to the wrong post?

[EDIT]: Nevermind. lol. I got it. Slow today, apparently.

That voice module recognizes 5 commands at a time and you can page to 5 different commands by program. This is pretty limited. You could say forward/reverse/left/right/stop. Then to turn on the fan you need to push a button. I am very suspicious that 5 commands are not enough and also trying to control direction with voice is probably bad: left,left,left, not very fast. Having a joystick gives the operator all the freedom of speed and degree of angle.

True, you would probably have to reserve the whole first block to set the group. Like say "Move" would activate group 2 then "left" would move left, then say "reset" to go back to group 1 when done moving. Sounds really cumbersome. And you wouldn't want to latch a movement because the person may be in a different group when they need to stop.

I'm not sure, the manual is pretty sparse on the details of using all 15 commands, but it does look like you need to send a command to "import" a group to use each set of 5. Now that I've looked at the manual more closely, I agree it probably isn't going to be practical.

And, I agree, voice control for movement is really not a good idea.