Simple Audio (.wav) and Arduino..how? (from uSD card?)

xl97:
any basic links on circuits for setting us a uSD card (no breakout boards.. just uSD adapter on a breadboard to the Arduino)

or how to work with another chip/memory to play/execute a file upon button event.
Thanks!

Im assuming your link/advice is to purchase an add-on/daughter board of some kind?

I'd like to see the circuit myself..and do it on my breadboard.. so I can eventually port to a smaller custom PCB..with a minimal Arduino circuit..

so again..no add-on boards, no daughter boards..no 'shields'...

I know this is NOT correct.. missing any resistors and other components that would be needed.. but I'll start here and work toward a working 'goal'

or maybe.. that is getting even a step ahead..

I have read about converting .wav into "C" code.. maybe thats easier?

using another 'chip' to hold the audio (converted or not?).. and play/trigger it from there?

would that be an easier step then going straight to SD and reading from there?

Im trying to NOT bite off more than I can chew or get answers so hard to decipher I get discouraged..

so Im trying to break it into steps.. to reach the end

1.) SD card or 'chip' to hold the audio? (I would like to say there is about 9 sounds.. all very small sound FX with one being a looped track playing constantly, seamlessly..which is probably a bit longer than the sound FX only files)

(if chip..I dont know how to load these audio files to the chip for playback..but it cant be that bad..and Im willing to learn/try) =)

2.) accessing playing the audio from the above chosen solution.

Im hoping there is some clear cut diagrams (not schematics) to help me figure out one approach or another.

Thanks