TouchShield + NewSoftSerial ERROR ?

Hello,
Thanks for your help !
In a nushell: I've a Touchshield Slide which cottects to a Duemilanove (got it from www.liquidware.com).
The native Hardware Serial port on the Duemilanove is used to communicate with the Touchshield Slide.
I've tried to install a Soft Serial port and I'm just getting compile errors ‘`digital_pin_to_port_PGM' and ’port_to_input_PGM’.
Can you help ?
Detailded description:
A) IDE is the Antipasto branch of the Arduino IDE, version: 0018-Antipasto-0043
B) The Soft Serial Library that I have is: NewSoftSerial (NewSoftSerial | Arduiniana)
Ther are 2 files: NewSoftSerial.h & NewSoftSerial.cpp
[I do not care what is used once it works]
C) Where do I include these files in the directory structure so that they are included?
(I had put them in: Antipasto/hardware/arduino/cores/touchscreen/src/components/libraries
and selected import library from the sketch menu)
/*************/
Below is a very simple program, the code and compile errors:

/************************************/
#include <NewSoftSerial.h>
NewSoftSerial mySerial(8, 9);
void setup()
{
// set the data rate for the NewSoftSerial port
mySerial.begin(4800);
mySerial.println("Hello, world?");
}
void loop() // run over and over again
{

if (mySerial.available()) {
Serial.print((char)mySerial.read());
}
if (Serial.available()) {
mySerial.print((char)Serial.read());
}
}
/******************************************/

Handling the compile 4
Saving sketches...
Sketches saved.
compile(), new thread run about to sketch.compile()
[echo] Building TouchShield Slide libraries...
[echo] Building TouchShield Slide board target...
[echo] Building NewSoftSerialTest for the TouchShield Slide core...
[exec] C:\Users\GABRIE~1.LEE\AppData\Local\Temp\build5935907789769535347.tmp/targets/body/lib\libcontrib.a(NewSoftSerial.o): In function NewSoftSerial::setRX(unsigned char)': [exec] C:\__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:381: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_bit_mask_PGM'
[exec] C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:381: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_bit_mask_PGM' [exec] C:\__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:382: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_port_PGM'
[exec] C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:382: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_port_PGM' [exec] C:\__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:383: undefined reference to port_to_input_PGM'
[exec] C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:383: undefined reference to port_to_input_PGM' [exec] C:\Users\GABRIE~1.LEE\AppData\Local\Temp\build5935907789769535347.tmp/targets/body/lib\libcontrib.a(NewSoftSerial.o): In function NewSoftSerial::setTX(unsigned char)':
[exec] C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:370: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_bit_mask_PGM' [exec] C:\__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:370: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_bit_mask_PGM'
[exec] C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:371: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_port_PGM' [exec] C:\__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:371: undefined reference to digital_pin_to_port_PGM'
[exec] C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:372: undefined reference to port_to_output_PGM' [exec] C:\__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\components\libraries\NewSoftSerial/NewSoftSerial.cpp:372: undefined reference to port_to_output_PGM'

BUILD FAILED
C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\build.xml:136: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\src\template\build.xml:154: The following error occurred while executing this line:
C:__2011\David Byrne\Development documents\Arduino_Antipasto_win32\Antipasto\hardware\arduino\cores\touchshield\config\build.ccmacros.xml:45: exec returned: 1

Total time: 5 seconds

I don't recognize the compile errors, but libraries go in the "libraries" directory under the main Arduino folder.

Mikal

Thanks Mikal,
I'll play around with it, thanks for confirming the directory.
If you don't know then it may be tricky to resolve ....... :frowning:

Is there any other serial library (even a less good one) that you would suggest I try, just
want a reliable 9600 on a soft serial port.

Thanks for your help, keep up the good work!

All the best,
Gabriel