Anyone using Simblee?

I'd like to chat with anyone who is using Simblee. Thete doesn't seem to many use-case examples and I haven't seen anything more current than a year or so.

Do you have a link , never heard of simblee?

Could be the OP is advertising for them.

http://www.simblee.com

Looks like with their app, you can control their module.

If you google "simblee site:arduino.cc" there are ~90 hits

yes I use the simblee and I freaking love it! There is no support anymore, the simble forum is close and they even deleted the domain! They did not leave it read only. I believe it's not selling well or something like that. I might be wrong.

here is a drone gate I did

exaplnation here

all the code is on github

I learn about the simblee itself and how to use it from Sparkfun
https://learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/simblee-concepts/all

robo_maniac:
yes I use the simblee and I freaking love it! There is no support anymore, the simble forum is close and they even deleted the domain! They did not leave it read only. I believe it's not selling well or something like that. I might be wrong.

The domain Simblee.com isn't gone.

But if there was a forum, it is gone.

ieee488:
The domain Simblee.com isn't gone.

But if there was a forum, it is gone.

sorry, yes I mean the domain for the forum and not the main website
this was the forum link http://forum.rfduino.com/index.php?topic=1273.0

on a positive note, they still upload video on youtube. Last video was upload 3 months ago...

Hi all,

I’ve been using Simblee for several projects:

• controlling rgbww led strips in my kitchen.
  • servo motor control
  • temperature sensor when the power went out so we could track freezer temp.
  • 9dof to my iPhone for a foot pedal project

It works well for prototyping and you don’t have to be an Xcode dev as you did for RFduino.

Was searching for the forum and sorry to see it was gone.

Hi! Finally got back here... I would love to connect about
Simblee. Please contact t me at alpinemit@gmail.com
or back here.

Thanks!

Sam

Here is a link to the End Of life statement from AMS
https://ams.com/documents/20143/020eac6f-f489-b403-613b-9ea3484253c5

I build about a dozen boards that had both a Simblee and an Arduino. The idea was that the Arduino would monitor and manage connected i2c sensors and the Simblee would report the data to an app on the phone. Both shared an i2c bus with a FRAM module on it so data collected by the Arduino would be available to the Simblee.

Happy to unload these $5 a pop.

Chip

Does anyone happen to have access to a copy of the .json file for windows? I'm trying to use an RFduino board but the Arduino IDE can't recognize it without the file.

hamdid:
Does anyone happen to have access to a copy of the .json file for windows? I'm trying to use an RFduino board but the Arduino IDE can't recognize it without the file.

I am in same position. After some time and going back to my old project in Simblee uController, looks like I cannot upload any sketch so Arduino IDE doesn't recognize the board and it's is not operable at all anymore?
Could you find the .json file to upload libraries? Or any other solution?

I have all the files from a PC installation of the latest (last) version of the Simblee Arduino files. The ones that would reside here in Windows:

AppData/local/Arduino15/packages/Simblee/1.1.4/

Happy to share. Not sure if I can upload here? Other ideas on how to share the folder?

I'm trying to get it installed and working on a new PC myself, following the instructions here:

Haven't gotten it working yet, so would appreciate it if anyone has any insight into what might be wrong with the approach outlined on the pjrc forum.

Thanks and hope I can help someone!

btw my simblee app does not work anymore on my iPhone!

I can not even uninstall it and reinstall it, it's gone.
In the appstore you can go and find your old app that you installed in the pass but it's missing.

that sucks!

I am now using particle and nativescript to write apps. There is other options but much much more work.