TQFP to DIP breakout board layout

Good day!

I'm looking for a layout for converter like this:

I want to etch it at home. Before I started to route one in Eagle I'm wondering if someone already created one?

Thanks in advance!

How many pins?

My primary targets are TQFP32 and TQFP44. Having such things for SOIC is also great :slight_smile:

Are you using as DIP adapters, or incorporating into a larger board?
I bought a sheet of smaller SMD (3,4,6,8,10 pin) to DIP apapters from a place in Thailand.

Was thinking of making a sheet myself of larger parts - 16, 20, 24, 28, 32,44.
Place in Natick, MA will do 10" x 10" sheets for $95 each.
Course eagle light only permits 80mx10mm boards, so would need them to duplicate the designto fill the space.
dipmicro has adapters , have picked up qty 2-3 indifferent sizes every once in while for 40,50,75 cents each kind of price when I was ordering other stuff.

For now I just want to try soldering TQFP and the easiest way to check if it works -- put it into the breadboard after soldering.

Limitation of Eagle is not a problem -- one can print to virtual PDF printer and than duplicate and allign small boards in any vector editor. Do you have a layout in Eagle already?

Unfortunatelly cheap boards are not-so-cheap including shipping to my country. And I really like to etch boards at home :slight_smile:

Designing your own on EAGLE would be easy and should only take a few minutes if you're good with the software.
If you're not so good then it would be good practice as it wouldn't be a hard breakout board to make.

Mowcius

It seems this will be a good reason to improve my Eagle skills :slight_smile:

:slight_smile: Shouldn't take too long :slight_smile: And if you're thinking of etching it yourself you want to do it differently anyway - make the tracks as large as you can get away with and make the little bit connecting to the pad especially large so that when you drill out the pad it has more copper to support it.

Lemme see if I've got a picture of one I did...

Here we are - it wasn't a perfect board but it works.

The tracks are large where they can be and where they're smaller they're large where they connect to the pads (mainly - apart from where I forgot and corrected in my final version).

Ignore the red (top) top tracks - they're where I have jumper wires/they're connected by another board.
And ignore the buttons, they're routed wrong on this board version :smiley:

Thanks for the example, I've already routed the half of my first own board :slight_smile: A lot of fun :slight_smile:

It can be quite fun sometimes :slight_smile:

Don't just accept that board of mine as a good example though - I'm sure some people can pick fault with it :smiley: