[Problem] Comunication PC - Arduino Series 1 API mode

Hi everyone,

I´m just trying a simple comunication between the PC and the Arduino using a xbee series 1 in API mode.

I conected a xbee in a explorer usb and plugged to the computer. To send and receive comands I´m using the Java xbee-api. This xbee is configured as coordinator, by the X-CTU, as follows:

PAN ID: 2323
MY: 250
CE: 1
AP: 2

In the other side I have an Arduino Uno and a xbee conected by a xbee shield. I´m using the 0.3 xbee-api Arduino to send and receive data from xbee. This xbee is configured as a end device, by the X-CTU, as follows:

PAN ID: 2323
MY: 100
CE: 0
AP: 2

Then I tried to establish a comunication between them in two diferent ways:

First I ran the ApiSenderExample in the JAVA api and configured the correct parameters and uploaded the Series_1 RX Example on Arduino. So, the sender sent the packet and received the ACK sucessfully, but the Arduino can´t recognize any data received. The xbee´s can comunicate each other but the Arduino can´t read.

The other way, I ran the ApiReceiverExample in the Java api and uploaded the Series_1 TX on Arduino. In that way I had nothing working. The coordinator don´t receive anything. One thing that I´ve seen is that the leds DIN,DOUT an RSSI from the shield (sender) don´t flash any moment.

So, what am I doing wrong? The codes that I used are attached and the xbee firmware is 10E6.

Att,

Jean Furtado Soares

ApiReceiverExample (JAVA).txt (3 KB)

ApiSenderExample (JAVA).txt (4.15 KB)

Series_1 RX.txt (2.92 KB)

Series_1 TX.txt (3.71 KB)

Series 1 models are normally configured setting MY and DL. MY on one is DL on the other. Neither value should be 0.

PaulS:
Series 1 models are normally configured setting MY and DL. MY on one is DL on the other. Neither value should be 0.

I configured that when I was using the transparent mode. Even in the API mode I have to config this?

I configured that when I was using the transparent mode. Even in the API mode I have to config this?

I'm not sure. Can't hurt.