Go Down

Topic: servo is not behaving (Read 892 times) previous topic - next topic

SlimyCheese

no, i meant that I had tested each servo individually with the code, also, here is the code again,

#include <Servo.h>

Servo TestServo;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
TestServo.attach(9);
}

void loop() {
  // put your main code here, to run repeatedly:
TestServo.write(0);
delay(1000);
TestServo.write(10);
delay(1000);
TestServo.write(20);
delay(1000);
TestServo.write(30);
delay(1000);
TestServo.write(90);
delay(1000);
TestServo.write(120);
delay(1000);
TestServo.write(180);
}

sorry I did not use code tags, I used code tags on the other time i posted the same code. I dont think you can see  my code in code tags

slipstick

There is still nothing wrong with that code. And you still haven't told us what servos you are using. If you got them from Amazon then link to the entry there. Or post a picture of your complete circuit showing the servo(s).

Basically if none of your servos move then either your connections are wrong or, more likely, you killed them by connecting 12V to them.

The only other possibility I can think of is that whatever you have aren't actually servos at all but some other thing that isn't even supposed to move.

Steve

optoaudio

Jun 25, 2017, 06:27 am Last Edit: Jun 25, 2017, 06:59 am by optoaudio
OP said he used 8x1.5V cells but nowhere did he say how they were wired up, and has not (afaics- correct me if I'm wrong) acknowledged or denied he has them in series for 12V which everyone assumes.

He could have 4x1.5V in series for 6V, in parallel with another 4x1.5V in series, for 6V with better current.

I doubt they are wired like that but nevertheless OP should confirm or deny that he has 12V into the servos.

edit: OP have you actually measured the voltage? Is there some? Maybe one cell is open circuit....

SlimyCheese

Ok, I am sorry I havent been responding very much now, I will try to measure the voltage with a
multimeter. I will update you with what I find.

TomGeorge

Jul 04, 2017, 02:17 pm Last Edit: Jul 04, 2017, 02:25 pm by TomGeorge
Hi,
Can you post a picture of your project so we can see you component layout.
A couple of pictures if needed to show your servo, power supplies and board layout.

Can you please post a copy of your circuit, in CAD or a picture of a hand drawn circuit in jpg, png?
NOT a FRITZY picture like you have been posting.

Please use a pencil, ruler and paper and draw from your layout how you have wired everything together.
Include labels on components and pins.
A photo of your diagram will help immensely.

Thanks.. Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

SlimyCheese

Ok, I am sorry I havent been responding very much now, I will try to measure the voltage with a
multimeter. I will update you with what I find.
I have gotten the voltage of the cells

both cells together are 5 volts

the cell with AA batterys are 5 volts together

the cell with AAA batterys are 5 volts too

TomGeorge

Hi,
Can you answer post #34 please.

Thanks.. Tom.. :)
Everything runs on smoke, let the smoke out, it stops running....

Go Up